Monday, October 28, 2013

Menu Plan Monday-Limited Cooking!

 
 
Good day to you!! Joining Organizing Junkie in some delish Menu Plan Monday fun!
 
I love cooking.  But working full time the last year and a half I have gotten so weary in it.  That makes me sad.  I decided I was going to try and cook 3-4 meals on Sunday afternoon/evening so that the family could have meals to heat up throughout the week and two things would happen.
 
1-They don't have to wait for me to get home at 6pm to eat.  They can just heat up dinner when they get hungry.
 
and...
 
2-I don't have to make dinner when I get home at 6pm.  I can heat up something if I am hungry.  And if I am not, I can just relax and enjoy family time and our fun evenings.
 
So this is what I did for this week...
 
  • Apple Bourbon pork tenderloin-Hormel brand (I get these at Wal-Mart-they are gluten free and already seasoned)
  • Sweet Italian sausage sauteed with onions-then eat over rice.  We have a rice cooker that always has Jasmine rice in it.
  • Taco meat.  Cook this up and then they can heat the meat up and get out shredded cheese and lettuce and use the soft shell burrito shells I get to make their own soft tacos.
  • Frozen pizza-this is an easy fix and some of the kids like this for dinner.  If not, they can have cereal or they can make a sandwich or a bowl of rice and soy sauce.
  • Breakfast for dinner.  Usually can fix up some eggs, waffles, cereal and fruit and this is a quick dinner.  Though for this I do have to fix up something.
  • Then there is the fend for yourselves night where we just eat what we want when we want it and nobody really cooks a meal.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment