Saturday, February 21, 2015

Walking it Out with Intuitive Eating

Happy Saturday!!!

It has been a while since I have written about my journey to be FREE from any hold on food or body image.  I am determined to not have any hold on me.  Any time I start to head down a path where some food or some program has a hold on me, I stop and don't go further.  It means a slow journey for me to be at my natural weight, but it also means freedom and I think that is the way I am going to get there.

My goal is to eat when I'm hungry and stop when satisfied and have had just enough, and then go on with my life.  I don't want food or body image to tie me down and occupy too much space, like it always has, in my mind and life.  I also believe God wants this for me as well.  Though He may be saying, Kim be patient you can't expect this to happen overnight, I am saying this is taking so long what am I doing wrong?!



So here I am.  Several years later.  I have maintained the same weight I have been at for 3 years, have not gained and actually even lost 15 pounds back in August and have maintained that weight loss as well.  I now want to be fit too and am feeling like I am wanting to be in shape because I need that energy.  Though I know in the past God has shown me that I don't need to put the wrong emphasis on exercise, slowly I will get there to where I can be fit, but not ruled by exercise either.  It's a balance and I want that balance to be so sweet.

Some of the things that I have really been learning lately:


  • Renewing your mind is so important.  I have used Barb Raveling's resources a lot in this and she even just had a new book come out.  Click here to see her site and all the great resources.  Romans 12:2 is where this comes from in the Bible.  Go check it out.
  • Keeping God first.  This really is something I am being reminded of in just the last few days or the last week.  When I do anything other than trying to seek God with all my heart, then I get stuck.  So clinging to God alone, first, and then all else is added-including weight loss, joy, peace and not chaos and confusion, the steps to take in each day in every situation, etc.  Matthew 6:33 is where this comes from too.  Read for yourself and see what you get from that.
  • Take it one moment at a time, one day at a time.  I can't think I want to understand it all and fix it all and think I am going to get anywhere.  It really is a step by step journey relying solely on the Holy Spirit.  This book is something that is a great read about this, Just Enough Light for the Step I'm on-Stormie Omartian.


More later...

OH and p.s..........one day I WILL be brave enough to share pictures of me and my journey, I'm a work in progress and can't wait for God to show off all He is doing in my heart, body and life!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness!! I love your Blog site. You are so gifted and will be a great blessing to many women. Yay!!!

    ReplyDelete