Saturday, May 7, 2011

About the commitment

I made a commitment 12 weeks ago to co-lead a Thin Within class online at the Thin Within site.  I got about five weeks into it and started wrestling with the Lord and did not give my whole heart in it.  So I hung on by a string and kept doing the study but also eating my own way most of the time.  Then when Reshaping it All came along, last week I found it, and I felt like this is what I was going to do.  I realize this happens, I find another book or "way" to lose weight or be healthy instead of doing what the Lord has asked me to do.  I look at it as gripping for a "law" or "rule" to the way I should eat, the right way.  I skirt around, if you will, the way He chose for me.  He has clearly showed me for my body that I need to pay attention to my hunger and eat when I am physically hungry and to stop eating when I am satisfied/full and eat no more.  Also that He is the one that truly satisfies and not the food.  I am also assured by Him that He will show me foods that will strengthen my body and are beneficial for me as I trust Him and go by also the knowledge that I have.  He really helps me in this moment by moment when I rely on Him, but lately I have done anything but that in the area of eating. 

So I am feeling the Lord saying finish the 12th week of Thin Within study that you are in now and then rely on me to see what is next.  I feel I have all the knowledge, but He is asking me to take some actions now.  So that is what I am going to do.  I am undoing what I jumped into last week.  I am still reading Reshaping it All, but I am going to take a break from the 65 day study/blog and finish what I am on and what I started.  Giving it my whole heart.  I am going to seek Him then in what I am going to do next, which may be just rely on Him, I have to be open to what He leads me to and not just grab what "I" want. 

I am reminded of something I heard about the Galatians the other day and how they were walking by the Spirit and then started going back to the law...it seems thats what I keep attempting to do.  I must be still.  Be still and know that He is God.

Lord please help me in this, bring me back to you in this area and all areas, and give me the desire and strength to be still and listen to You and obey.  In Jesus Name, Amen

8 comments:

  1. Awwsome!! I think you have made a great choice and are following what God would have you to do. I can't believe how much alike we are. I have SO many books and studies concerning weight-loss and health in my book collection. I was always searching for the next great idea or plan that would make my journey easier. God has shown me -- "You don't need another plan or book! You need to do what you have learned from me. You have all you need. You don't need any more knowledge. You need to be obedient now." It is a constant temptation for me to return to plan after plan for "relief." God calls me to day-by-day fellowship, trust, faith, and obedience. No more plans or programs! Enough is enough! It sounds like that is what God may be calling you to, too, Kim -- to settle down and live for Him each moment. Praying for that for both of us ------KK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - I feel like I'm reading about myself!
    Lik you I have been swinging between faith and eating between the boundaries of hunger and fullness and then searching for THE NEXT BIG THING - which alwasy leaves me feeling dispondent, and with a heavy heart - I've just made a new commitment to follow the Thin Within plan for 30 days - and see it totally through.. I usually only do 4 days and then go onto something else
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello. I'm one of your #mym8 sisters! I stopped by for a visit. {I'm a new follower too.}

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am going to check out the Thin Within study, sounds interesting. I really am enjoying and learning a lot from Reshaping it All...and I am thinking about buying Made to Crave. I hope that God will lead you to knew and exciting levels of closeness with Him within your journey.

    P.s. I am doing a giveaway on my blog http://fillmythirst.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am enjoying learning Reshaping it All, its like since I picked it up again this week God is talking straight to me confirming so many things He has already taught me, amazing! I visited your blog and posted a comment for the giveaway, thank you! I have the 21 day devotional for Made to Crave, but have not read it much yet and have not gotten the book. Maybe one day, but hey, praying I won't need it after this journey. Blessings to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH and Thin Within is amazing, grace based, complete truth that I learn so much from constantly! Let me know what you learn about it or if you have questions :) Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Jenny! I am still learning how to comment on the blogs, I can't seem to figure where a reply button is anymore and have to go to comments and post a comment to reply. Thanks for visiting me :) I am really enjoying #mym8 and looking forward to getting to know you all more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Abby let me know how your 30 days of Thin Within is going. I have made it to day 22 and have not finished it yet. I did though go through a few times the first Thin Within workbook. It is full of amazing truth.

    ReplyDelete