Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Scattered

This is a word on my heart lately.  It seems the moment I start to take my eyes off of Jesus and onto the schedules and routines and things of this world chaos sets in and I start getting involved in many things and feel scattered, spread thin. 


Scattered: –adjective, distributed or occurring at widely spaceddispersed; disorganized: scattered forces; distracted or disorganized: scattered thoughts.


One of the synonyms:  take off in all directions


Then I think of the scripture about the narrow road, one way, one focus, Jesus.  No wonder my peace seems not complete, my intimacy with the Lord isn't where I know it should be, then I remember what He tells me very often...S-L-O-W-D-O-W-N.  Literally minute by minute I have to slow down.  If I don't I am headed in a lot of directions, reading 4  or more books here and there, looking at several studies I can join, reading online about things, be a better Godly wife, mother, homekeeper, handle finances better, etc, but really what I need is to focus solely on Jesus and then these things will be added unto me.


Psalm 46:10a Be still and know that I am God.


Matthew 6:33 Seek the Kingdom of God[a] above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need.


Lord scattered that I am I see there are things I need to let go of, mostly focuses, in my mind, where you are not all I am thinking of.  Help me to eliminate and concentrate as I learned from an Anne Ortlund book, and to just be refreshed in You.  In Jesus Name, Amen

6 comments:

  1. I'm striving to be a better Godly wife as well. I started (2) challenges the 31 Days to Clean and "65 Days to Reshaping it All" - for me they go hand in hand. I need to work on being a better homemaker, better to my body (lose weight) and to make sure I put Christ first in ALL things. I am also doing a Bible Study, reading the Bible in a year. I feel an energy and excitement I haven't felt in a long time. I look forward to reading your blog and following your success in finding your focus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a blessing this devotional was to my spirit and also confirmation to me from God of what He has been speaking to my own heart. Even the scriptures used here are the ones that the Lord has been giving to me...

    what I need is to focus solely on Jesus and then these things will be added unto me.

    AMEN AMEN AMEN

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is no coincidence I am lead here....Randomly i pressed on your link at "Reshape" and while reading I could only say yes yes......"I am scattered also".....
    And you knowit was confirmation also that my focus must be 1st and always constantly on JESUS.....Last night i was listening also on an vlog of Lysa terkeust http://youtu.be/LotfI9MxnTs and she said in an way our focus must be also on Jesus...That is the only HOPE to bring Change...
    Thxs for this look forward to meet you more on this 65days journey!
    And amazing i meet my sis Angela here i always join her in prayer on fridays for 'Fearless Friday"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to this journey with you as well! Jesus has to be constant focus and so much how I get distracted, but really there is nothing more to figure out, eyes fixed on Him and walking by the Spirit, simple but can be oh so challenging. Love to you and look forward to hearing from you more and joining in with you in this journey!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay Angela praise the Lord He spoke to you through this, that is my prayer to Him that He will use my words to speak to others hearts. I pray you are doing well tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Martha! Thankful you are here and we can journey together as sisters in Christ. Love to you!

    ReplyDelete