Sunday, September 13, 2009

Rough morning...getting better

So this morning started out with me eating, I suppose maybe to stuff feelings. I have not enjoyed this. I have been believing lies that the enemy has fed to me and now I am seeing light. I pray for discernment in this and for me to just walk each moment with the intimate relationship with God that He wants me to have, which is perfect I know. I no longer want to avoid God's best for me. I want to continue in my Thin Within Journey, just letting go. That is the most freeing feeling. To trust that in this moment, the Lord is in control and I can trust that by His Holy Spirit that lives in me, He will guide me if I rest in Him and not try to run ahead. I pray for this, for me to trust and obey.

2 Chronicles 7:14 (NIV)
"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

So that is my prayer. Despite millions of circumstances I could list out that are not going my way or the way I want, I want to stop seeking comfort in every moment and seek my comfort in the Lord. He is the anchor for my soul, He will never leave or never change. I can continually draw close to Him and He will direct my paths. I analyze so much that I analyze everything the Lord tells me until its gone.

I no longer want to do this. I don't want to listen to the "inner brat" (as I learned from flylady) who is destroying my joy, but I want to listen to the Lord gentliy guide me day by day. I can't change a thing but with Him I can rest that He will change anything and everything that He wants to change.

So here goes to a good half of the day. The part where I lean on the Lord and not on myself. No more eating outside of hunger and fullness...which is what I have been learning in this wonderful journey with the Lord eating in His boundaries. www.thinwithin.org is where I am now.

I will post more later, those are my thoughts right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment