Sunday, April 1, 2012

The Cleaning Schedule

If I take a look at my last two posts I see this.

I don't need a cleaning schedule I just need to DO IT.  :)

Anyways needless to say, I did not do my cleaning after I did the bathroom last Sunday.  Amazing how accomplished I felt after doing that that it made me feel good enough to not clean for over a week!  Ha!  So I did do laundry and dishes and pick up, but that is all.

The end.  I am not sure what else to say right now, but I did want to share that I am not perfect and am still trying to figure things out, or again, maybe shouldn't figure things out and just do it.  Maybe I don't need any sort of system, but find what works for me and do it without a big old system along with it.

That sounds good.

More later...Love to you!
Kim :)

1 comment:

  1. I didn't read the last posts about cleaning schedule, but I do want to share my experience yesterday. We just got home from camping. TWELVE days away. Car packed absolutely full of crap. Dirty laundry... and because my husband has been home while we were away, the house has a lot of work to be done... My instinct was to reach for a pen and paper, and list everything that needed to be done. But as I prayed (yes! I remembered that He can help! - hey that doesn't always happen.)... as I prayed, I was led by the Spirit to just do what I know needs to be done. And I went against my habit of making the kids help out. I had them do a few personal chores (picking up the toys they left in the living room), I let them play, while I worked. At first, it seemed oh so unfair. But then I found a joy in accomplishing the work that needed sorted. And I knew because there was a LOT to do, rushing wouldn't help. I slowly lagged around the house, walking almost extra slow to put things away at times, so I didn't feel stressed. And at the end of the day, I accomplished at least 40% more than I would have if I'd listed it all out beforehand. THEN, after that, at the end of the day, I listed out what was left to be done. Yes, there's a whole page, but it includes things I want to do, not just must do. I put an "A" next to 5 items that cannot be ignored today (including one gardening item, that absolutely COULD be ignored, but for my sanity, I wanted a fun item listed as important!). Anyway - I just wanted to share, because I feel SO much better in following the Spirit! I pray Heavenly Father gives you passion, peace, joy and love this day!

    ReplyDelete