Sunday, January 16, 2011

My cup runneth over!

I read something on a  blogfriend's blog a few days ago and it has really stuck to me.  Something I knew but something I had stopped remembering, like when I read it I had an "a-ha" moment.  


She said and I will quote it: 
"I see a picture of a cup... me holding a cup... and coming to Him to fill it.
It's not a bucket.
Not a vat.
Just a cup...enough for this day... and He loves for me to come and be and loved and be filled.
It's His joy to fill me, and He loves the time we spend together.
And I am all the more because of it."


I also had this come to my mind:


You prepare a feast for me in the presence of my enemies. You honor me by anointing my head with oil. My cup overflows with blessings. Psalm 23:5


This is all I need.  I don't need to expect more of anything past today.  Because when I rest in His perfect provision each day, each moment, He overfills my cup and gives me more than enough of what I will ever need.  This brings me peace and comfort today.  



Galatians 4:6 (NLT) "And because we are his children, God has sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, prompting us to call out, "Abba, Father." 

I love Him and I just want to call out, "Abba, Father" each moment of every day so that He is my constant and that I am constantly abiding in Him letting Him fill me up overflowing.

No comments:

Post a Comment