Thursday, March 15, 2012

True Satisfaction

Yesterday I missed my quiet time.  I wanted to squeeze in whatever I could hear from God that day so that I knew He was still with me and guiding me.  And He showed me just what I needed to hear yesterday.  He showed me I could rest.  Stop grabbing for things to try and give ME what I needed.  As I listened to K-Love and driving along Scenic Highway after taking my children to school...the morning show hosts were talking.  Someone called in and was talking about how she was newly married, 18 years old, and was working this new job she just started.  She was working 50 hours a week and was finding it difficult not to become angry that she was working so much and could not spend time with her husband.

Then...

She remembered that she had prayed for a full time job.  Wow.  What she was living was an answered prayer.

Then the host said this.  That goes to show that even when we pray for things and we get them, and we STILL are not satisfied, that we realize where our true satisfaction comes from.  What we were created to be finding our only satisfiaction in.

JESUS.

celebrations,Easter,faces,heads,holidays,Jesus Christ,males,men,occasions,people,persons,religions,religious symbols 

Do you need to hear today that HE is your only satisfaction.  Him alone.  Are you seeking for something to satisfy your deepest longing and just cannot seem to make it happen yourself?  It seems strange to the world to think that.  Heck even I keep asking for things, get them, and then realize its NOT what I really wanted to begin with.  Its all temporary and false.  He is the only real thing.  I need a fresh reminder of this moment by moment.  

Ask Him to satisfy your every longing today, join me in doing that.  How quickly I seem to forget.  

Lord meet us where we are and help us allow You to be our only source of satisfaction and to desire you more each moment.  In Jesus Name, Amen

Listen...



More later...Love to you!
Kim :)

1 comment: