Saturday, December 29, 2012

Today's Thoughts

Good morning!  I wanted to drop in and chat about wanting to get healthy and how I have not taken care of myself a lot the last few years.  I don't think I realized the extent it was at, how much I really focused on what to do, but how much I was NOT doing, as far as eating what will nourish my body and also exercising.  I listened to a CD by Joyce Meyer a few weeks ago called The Importance of Taking Care of Yourself.





Part 1 & Part 2-so good to listen to if you are not on your list of people that you take care of (I wasn't and want to work on being on the top of that list)

So time to do some mind renewing in this area.  I am in denial and really don't want to think about the condition my body is in right now as I have neglected it for so long.  Then I think, well I am going to do something about it, and start thinking in that direction, and then lies start pouring in...

  • how do you think you will get anywhere considering how you have been the last several years
  • yeah right, do you really think you are going to be healthy again
  • do you really think you can do it
  • you shouldn't even try really hard at all because you won't succeed
Do any of these lies sound familiar to you???  Well they are so familiar to me.  I haven't even wanted to get my yearly check up because I know I won't and do not like the condition of my health and body right now.  But why am I going to keep putting it off.  I started reading Eden Diet again by Dr. Rita Hancock, and am again bringing God into this and want His help and guidance to return to my full health and natural weight.  

My one word for 2013, which I will share in another post, is trust.  I am going to work on trusting God in all things and let Him direct the paths, all the while what I really need to remember is that it will be uncomfortable and just because it is hard at first, does not mean that I am not succeeding and it does not mean nothing is going to work.  It means I am starting to fight a fight I haven't even engaged in for years.  

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment