Monday, December 31, 2012

My One Word for 2013

To read about my 2012 "one word' click here.  This was an amazing year to LIVE.  I can't believe how it has impacted my life all year to realize when I get halted by something and start trying to figure out or stop living until something is figured out, and then realize, hey I need to live, keep moving, He is here and He will guide me and correct me and direct me, I need not fear.  I have experienced life much more full this year because of my one word.  So thankful for it.  It is something I will continue from now on, LIVE.   Thank you Lord for teaching me!  I am amazed and thankful.

This year I started praying and talking to God about what my One Word for 2013 will be, and the word heavy on my heart is TRUST.  I will be reading this devotional in 2013 that Abba led me to.  I am excited.  At first I thought I am nervous that Trust is my word for this year.  I had questions, God why do I need to trust you more, what is going to happen?  Fear set in and the enemy hurled lies over and over and over.  I say...I trust you Jesus.



The scripture that I feel goes with this that keeps coming to mind is this:

Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the Lord with all your heart;
do not depend on your own understanding.
Seek His will in all you do,
and He will show you which path to take (or He will direct your path).



I also want to trust Him with my blog.  I used to journal daily, and write and write, and when I started working full time earlier this year, I stopped and it was more like a few times a week or maybe once a week.  I would read back into my journal the past year or two and saw how much I talked about me, and how much I was trying to figure things out.  So I feel like what I am going to start doing is to use my blog as a journal and share my heart as I feel led and also for accountability, and also I want to do something I have read about recently.  A praise journal, or a thankful journal.  And each day write all I am thankful for and all I can praise Him for, so I can continue to renew my mind and have my thoughts not focused on myself, but focused on God. 

What is your one word for 2013?  Have you thought about it?  Pray about it and see what comes up.  Here is the link to explain it a bit more:  http://myoneword.org/

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

More later...
Kim :)




No comments:

Post a Comment