Monday, November 8, 2010

Throw off what so easily hinders us!

So this morning driving home from taking my boys to school I had this scripture so clearly come into my mind...it was paraphrased - throw off all that so easily hinders us and the sins that slow us down and run this race with endurance...........

So later in my quiet time I remembered it was in Hebrews (or the Lord reminded me) and I found it in Hebrews 12:1-4 a great great scripture!  Treasure!  It saved me a few times today although I gave in to eating way way more times today than I care to admit. 

 1 Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us. 2 We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus, the champion who initiates and perfects our faith.[a] Because of the joy[b] awaiting him, he endured the cross, disregarding its shame. Now he is seated in the place of honor beside God’s throne. 3 Think of all the hostility he endured from sinful people;[c] then you won’t become weary and give up. 4 After all, you have not yet given your lives in your struggle against sin.

This just encouraged me today.  I am struggling with looking for a formula, for the "right" way to eat or do this or that...when really He has simply laid it before me and say do it and I will give you the strength and all that you need to do it.  Can I trust Him?  Can I rely on Him again as I know He has helped me through this once before. 

I need to release at least 40 pounds of excess weight.  This is something that is hindering me from running this race the Lord has put before me.  To answer the question-HOW do I do this...it answers me so clearly above "we do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus, the champion who initiates and perfects our faith."


So I can make it as difficult as I want to, and sit around waiting for some other answer, but really He has put it straight to me.  I remember an acronym I learned from a Proverbs 31 Ministries devotional a year or two ago and it was DO IT!

Deliberate Obedience Intentional Trust (click here and read)

I want to trust Him now.  No more doubting, no more questioning, no more trying to get around it, I just have to do it.  I want to do what He has asked me to do even though I want to find some other solution that just makes perfect sense and tons of people have had results doing.  Lord carry me!  In Jesus Name, Amen

Where are you at in your journey with the Lord?  Do you have things that are hindering you that you need to throw off?  Bring it to Him and ask Him what that would be and how to do it.  I know quite clearly He will answer because He answered me.

(Today is day 6!)

4 comments:

  1. I know with God's help, you'll be able to release the weight. God has shown me that people pleasing hinders me from being all He wants me to be. I am asking Him to set me free.

    ReplyDelete
  2. amen amen amen..awesone devotional. Thank you so much for sharing God's truth for our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo hoo on Day 6!!! Love this reminder... totally about His leading isn't it? I couldn't do any of this without Him and HIS ability and grace.. nope! It's all HIm, and us putting our hand in His and just simply following! You got it, GF!

    Cheering you on today! Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its all about Him! Amen, and I never need to forget that. Its so difficult and miserable when trying to do things on my own. Thanks for listening :)

    ReplyDelete