Monday, August 15, 2011

Good morning.  I am caught up on my reading the Bible in 90 days.  This week it is Ezra, Nehemiah, Esther, Job and then into the Psalms towards the weekend.  I am really looking forward to a week or more of reading in the Psalms.  I feel it will be perfect timing too as it is the first week my kids all go back to school, I will need the Psalms for sure.

The change I am feeling in wanting to make in my blog will be that of something I learned while reading "A Woman After God's Own Heart" by Elizabeth George.  She is talking about what we will do with our life and our passions and how God will use us.  She talks about finding 5 areas that you are passionate about and just going to work studying and learning in those areas.  To make 5 folders and just add things to them as you grow and learn.  Well I have had my 5 folders for a few years but they are mostly empty.  I feel that I am going to change my blog into my 5 folders and have 5 tabs on 5 different areas of life that I am passionate about and just learn and grow in the Lord and share in those areas as God teaches me.  I am excited but will wait for the perfect timing to make those changes.

Lately in my eating I have felt the Lord really showing me to listen to Him.  Weight gain has been the cause of me trying to lose weight or eat the way "I" wanted and not what He wanted.  I have to align my desires with His and then things will flow and my weight will decrease.


I am not committing to another study until I am done with my awesome reading the Bible in 90 Days, but am reading through a book/devotional called Eating with the King and she talks about eating for hunger only.  That is what the Lord is really calling me to focus on in walking it out each day.  Lord help me to listen and obey.  In Jesus Name, Amen

More later...love to you!

4 comments:

  1. Eating with the King sounds intriguing...so I ordered it. Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Heidi! I really am liking it so far! I will say the one thing that I think you may not agree totally with is she talks about a growl for hunger, but other than that, great stuff!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh, the book sounds great! I am SO struggling with my eating, so reading that you're learning to listen more to Him as you eat, and about WHAT and WHEN you eat, was just the encouragement I needed today! Thank you...such a great reminder to draw Him into EVERYTHING about our lives!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes I am enjoying the book and it is full of truth. Looking forward to October when I will hopefully be doing the 40 day devotional 40 days in a row and really fighting this battle on my knees with the Lord. I can't do it without Him that is for sure something I have learned. So glad you are encouraged!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete