Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Saying Good-Bye to Food Once & For All

For me it is like letting go of a loved one.  I cannot believe the hold that food has had on me the past two years.  Having been freed from it twice already in the past 5 years, you would think I knew how to cling to God and let Him help me in this so I was never in bondage again.  How did I end up back here you ask...the answer, one single compromise after another.


ClipArt

The Lord is showing me things, that I have seemed to been ignoring or in denial about the past two years, this past week.  Things about sin and how that is what I should be realizing is going on, and not that I am gaining weight and am losing control.  New perspective coming in my life and changes are in store in me as well.  God is doing a new thing and He is working even now and the fruits of His work will be showing up soon, when I am not even expecting it!  Thankful for that.


Two scriptures on my heart:


Isaiah 43:19 For I am about to do something new. See, I have already begun! Do you not see it? I will make a pathway through the wilderness. I will create rivers in the dry wasteland.


The other I cannot seem to find at the moment but I know what the message of it is...it says that as soon as we think we have "got it" or that we are doing good, be careful because then we are sure to stumble.  


So I want to rely on the Lord and learn to be more and more reliant on Him and not myself, because as soon as I think I have anything under control it will not be pretty.  God alone.  He is enough.  Food has to go and cannot hold a place in my heart anymore.  


It is like losing a great friend, this food.  I'm turning my back and asking God for help to learn how to fully live for Him and ENJOY Jesus each moment every day and work through feelings and circumstances without my old friend (idol/god but totally not a god), food.  


Good bye food (my love for it).  


Goodbye text in speech bubble


Lord help me as I step out in faith.  I want this next day to be different.  Forgive me my sins, cleanse me and help me turn my back to the idols in my life and turn my face towards You and enjoy life!~  Thank you for today and for life and breath, I pray whoever reads this today will hear what You are saying to them and that they will just love you more.  In Jesus Name, Amen :)


Love to you...more later....


take a listen 


1 comment:

  1. Amen Sister in Christ! Pray pray pray pray pray. It's not an easy choice, but a life of health is worth it. Look up Hebrews 12:11, it's been carrying me for a month (not that I've been perfect - far from, but the transformation the Holy Spirit is doing is amazing!) Also, 1 John 1:8 is sort of along the lines of the scripture you couldn't find (don't you hate that!). Another few good ones I've found strength in (hope you're in a study mood! Sorry!) Romans 8:13, Eccl 11:10, Deuteron 30:19, And John 8:36 :) My personal favourite of the whole list. Praying for you! HUGS!!!

    ReplyDelete