Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Living by Feelings?

Living by my feelings is a bummer.  Totally learning that today.  I cannot wait until I feel the perfect way to start living, and that is what I have been tending to do.  I heard a question this morning, and I honestly did not have an answer.  I thought, well, maybe that is why nothing is happening and I keep feeling so "blah."  The question was, "What are you expecting God to do today in your life?"

Wow.  What am I expecting, I thought to myself, I don't think I am expecting anything other than Him to lead me through each moment of the day. 

 
 
expectations?
 
 
 
 
I am not sure what my expectations are.  So I started saying I expect something good to happen to me today.  I expect God to show me favor in situations.  I expect breakthroughs are going to happen today.  I expect to have a great attitude all day long.  I expect growth in all areas of my life. 
 
I feel blah so often because I wake up and say okay lets get through this day, seek God, and let Him lead...but then what?  I kind of just go through the day and have gotten into a mundane attitude.  I don't like it.  I want out of that!   Things are going to change and I am glad I am aware of this now, and I also need to remember, I do not have to rely on my feelings, I can choose better choices and actions despite how I may feel.  Feelings are fickle. 
 
Do you have expectations from God each day?  Share with me?
 
More later...
Kim
 


No comments:

Post a Comment