Monday, August 26, 2013

3 Year Bible Reading Plan

In hopes to find something I could be consistent in when reading my Bible and learning all about the Word of God, I was struggling.  I was getting overwhelmed and feeling scattered.  I would start a reading plan and go a week or two, almost like the old dieting days, and then I would stop when I got behind.  I would start a Bible study and usually finish it, but then felt like I didn't know what to read next.  I would read some of the Bible, but didn't feel as connected or like I was learning well.  I wanted to try something new and different so I prayed and started looking for some ideas.  I remember a blogger friend I know said how she would read one chapter a day and it was not too much or too little.  It was just the right amount of reading.  So I started looking for a reading plan or something that I could do that would help me get through the whole Bible, but reading about one chapter per day.

I found this website when reading and downloaded the app from that site here



I started this in May, so going on 5 months of this reading plan.  I am really liking it.  It isn't beginning to end, it jumps around some and on Sundays it is always a Psalm.  So far this is working and I am really enjoying it.  

What do you think?  Check it out and see if this is something that may help you be consistent.  It may take 3 years to get through the whole Bible, but I will feel like I really absorbed it.  I have read the Bible in 90 days before, but there was not a lot of time for reflection.  This...I can do and I like lots!

More later...

2 comments:

  1. I have to mix it up as well-or I stop and get stagnant. I've been struggling lately, but I bought the Our Daily Bread App, and am trying to at the very least read the scripture that goes with the story, and sometimes read the part below that goes with reading the Bible through in a year. Then at least every other week, I try to get my Bible study on Hebrews 11 up on my blog, because that makes me dig deeper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I go in fits and bursts a lot as well. I'm definitely going to have to check out this plan. I like the YouVersion plans, but sometimes they seem so short and not a lot of meat to them.

    ReplyDelete