Friday, August 2, 2013

My First Step in Organizing Finances

For a long time I didn't have any order in money. I didn't have any real clear direction. I didn't know what I was missing out on.

It was probably 2011 when I really started diving in and asking for help and searching online for help to learn how to manage our money and live within our means. I remember saying of there was a school or class I could go to to learn all I could know about our money, I wanted to be there. 

Well I never did find just that, but it worked out to having help from my mom, help online and in books I had found and read, and reading and learning all I could about managing money. Then in 2013 I had a friend who could be a DaveRamsey  financial coach who helped me even more and this time it was tailored to my personal situation.  This was very helpful.

achievements,business,businessmen,climbing,coins,figurines,gains,metaphors,profits,stacks,success,wealth

So here I am.  July 2013 and I love budgeting.  I love getting order in the finances and I love helping others simplify theirs.  It is fun and I can't wait to learn more and more.

My first step that I am thinking right now is being willing to look at the finances and being willing to take steps to make it right.  I believe if someone isn't willing to look at their finances and how what they are currently doing is working, then nobody can help them much until there is that willingness.

I just love it when I come across people who know they are in a financial mess, but they are willing to take a look at what is going on and see what steps can be taken to make some orderly changes and make a new start with a new direction.  Being willing opens so many doors to change for the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment