Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Am I the Same Me at Home?

Testimony Tuesday style=

I read a great blog article yesterday.  It was about reasons to quit blogging.  She spoke about what it would take for her to quit blogging.  I read this blog post here at a sweet blog I found today.  One of the reasons she gave was if she seemed like a separate person on her blog than she was in her real life at home-she would quit.  This was convicting, but refreshing all at the same time for me.

If it was refreshing it is because I don’t have to be someone else at my blog.  I can jabber on and be myself.  It was convicting because if I ever catch myself writing here on my blog and picture what my husband or children may think if they read it…and ask myself if they would believe I was being honest and myself….that is the true test for me.  They say that you are the real you behind closed doors at your home.  So if I am the same person here at my blog and at my work and at church and with my friends and at home, I am on the right track.

The problem is…I don’t always feel this way.  Sometimes I feel like what I talk about on my blog are things that my fam doesn’t want to hear about.  But sometimes perhaps it is me hiding from some attitudes and heart issues that I should address, but would rather talk other stuff.

Those are my thoughts.  Thinking on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment