Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Be Vulnerable and Step Out

I want to be vulnerable and step out in faith with the Lord's help.  I have been in denial for much too long.  I have hidden a little so that I did not have to be vulnerable because, well, lets face it, I think we all enjoy comfort and being out of that comfort zone is not what we crave.  But I do crave to be in God's will and if being challenged, vulnerable, and living in each moment depending on Him is what is going to bring me results in my heart as well as physically.

I think sometimes even though we may not say what we are feeling, the way we act and live out our life explains what we are feeling.  I have gained weight and been stuck in a defeated attitude the past two years.  I have not surrendered all in this area.  I have held back.  But my weight gain and the way I feel physically is the fruits of those actions.

So here I am...wanting to step out here and journal my way through really surrendering and letting go of food and depending on the Lord falling in love with Him more every day.  I can do this.  I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me.

Journaling...how is that going to look.  Its going to show some messy things, some failures, and a lot of victory.  What the Lord has shown me to do that I have NOT fully done is, as I have shared before, to eat only when I am physically hungry and eat until I have had just enough (not too much)...and also to eat foods that make my body strong and He will lead me in this as I listen and trust Him.

Stepping out, transitioning my ways, into a new way of living.  Lord I commit this to you...please help me as I surrender and come to you just as I am, a mess who has been feeling defeated for far too long and not allowed You to do all the work in me that you want.  Take my fears and hesitations.  In Jesus Name, Amen

Heart song for me today...


Love to you...more later...Rest in Him

No comments:

Post a Comment