Thursday, September 8, 2011

Messy Day

Today was a messy day in eating.  Today was an all over the place kind of emotional day as well.  Bringing to mind to myself that my emotions cannot rule me or I will always be all over the place.  


My eating today started with fast food.  I was hungry so that is good but I did have trouble stopping.  It seems that is going to be something I am on my knees daily with, well should be that way anyways, but even more dependence and crying out with the desire to stop eating when I am satisfied.  I try to hold on to "more" when I don't need it.  That is what is causing my waistband to expand.


My next time that I ate I was not completely hungry but getting close.  I had a soft taco and started on a second, then felt the Lord saying I should stop that I was satisfied and would you know it, praise!!  I stopped, gave the rest to my hubby and just stopped.  I did eat a few bites of a brownie afterwards but then that was all.  I have to say that was a victory.  Thank you Lord, help me to not discount that as something because I did not do it all perfect.


The rest of the day I did eat when I was not hungry, had a bowl of chili I made for dinner and I was not all the way hungry, and really that just caused discomfort physically.  I didn't need it.


Main lesson learned today to sum it up in one word, what would it be......wait.


Wait on Him.  Wait for hunger.  Wait on His lead.  Wait before I jump into something I don't need.  Wait.


Screen bean character waiting patiently on top of an hourglass




More later...love to you...



No comments:

Post a Comment