Monday, July 1, 2013

Walking it Out...Intuitive Eating and Taking Care of Myself

Welcome to my series of Walking it Out-my journey to release weight and become healthy by listening to my body and eating for hunger and stopping when satisfied.  This is something I have been on a journey on for a while.

Some things I learned this past week that will help me on this journey:
  • Find foods I enjoy and have them on hand, always.  
  • When I grocery shop try and focus on what I like too and not just other people in my family.
  • Do not rely on people completely-and I learned this Saturday morning in my quiet time while reading Job 12:24-25.  It struck me when reading my NLT Life Application study Bible notes.  It said this:  Job affirmed that no leader has any real wisdom apart from God.  No research or report can outweigh God's opinion.  No scientific discovery or medial advance takes him by surprise.  When we look for guidance for our decisions, we must recognize that God's wisdom is superior  to any the world has to offer.  Don't let earthly advisers dampen your desire to know God better.
Struggles this past week:
  • I kept eating.  I didn't want to find out what was wrong or what I really wanted, I just ate.
  • I struggled with letting go of the scale and feeling like, now what?  What do I do now to keep pressing on.  Felt a bit stuck again.
  • Thoughts of this is too hard and I have too far to go.
Successes this past week:
  • I purchased some new clothing items and was able to get things that were pretty and comfortable.  I want to dress cute all of the time and not just wait until I lose weight.
  • I cleaned out closet and drawers of everything that wasn't pretty, cute, made me feel comfortable and looking good.  2 trashbags full.  Love it.
  • I went to the gym Sunday.  Feels so good to exercise-I really love the elliptical and strength training-and again after I do that and then shower and get dressed pretty-I feel so awesome.  Love love love it!
  • I did purchase a few things at the store for me to eat this week.  (though still need some more work in this area to have real good food I love to eat all week long and not just a few days worth)
Things to focus on in the coming week
  • Start a small list of things I want to buy next weekend for groceries the following week that will give me some new ideas, refreshing yummy food I would love to eat for meals all week next week.  Give some thought and take care of myself.
  • Go to the gym a few times, I love it when I take time to exercise I feel so good.
  • Sit with some feelings and pause before grabbing food.  Even if it is a pause to start-I will work on this.  Pray and ask God to show me what to do next or ask Him what it is I need to understand about how I am feeling.
  • Dress cute every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment