Saturday, February 11, 2012

Discipline...Me?

Proverbs 21:5 (NLT) Good planning and hard work lead to prosperity, but hasty shortcuts lead to poverty.

I realize right now that in order to be more fruitful and enjoy my life more I have to instill some discipline and boundaries into my heart and life.  Step out in faith and do GOOD what God has put in my path right now.  Pick a few things and have fun with it, really work on it, dig deep in those areas and "garden."  What would those look like?  Do any of these sound familiar to you:

  • Wake up earlier for quiet time and exercise to start the day
  • Make a simple, but clear, cleaning schedule for the week/each day
  • Set exercise goals
  • Be a good manager of my time so it is not wasted away (especially in front of the computer)
  • Go to bed at a decent hour
Well some people may look at discipline or boundaries like this picture below:

academic,boys,children,discipline,dunce caps,educations,kids,people,punishments,schools,sitting in corners,students

I am starting to realize more and more that THAT is not true at. all.  

Lately I have read several things about how you can spend the same amount of time/work wasting time as you can being productive. Well you say how can I do that?  Ok, well the more I waste time, sit around, play on internet, and procrastinate...the more time I have to spend fixing all I didn't do to begin with, regular cleaning and maintenance of house and cars, catching up on finances that may get unorganized and out of order, chaos happens, more time spent bringing structure back into the children's day so that there is less chaos with them and their lives...the list goes on and effects all areas of our life.

So now I bring into my journey...3 IN 30!

3in30 I'm In!!

To finish up the month of February here are my goals I am going to write down.  Then I will follow up with a post on how I did on those goals.  I have prayerfully considered what I will work on with God's help and will concentrate on these three things.  Ever heard of the phrase....bloom where you are planted?  That is what I am going to do.  Sit still and dig into the things I know I already need to be doing and stop looking for more things to do.  

blooms,floral,flowers,nature,petals,photographs

  1. Wake up at 5:30am when alarm goes off, hit the floor with my feet, and enjoy exercise, quiet time and shower before children wake up. (If exercising after children are at school, then quiet time and shower and wear my good exercise clothes to feel refreshed!)
  2. Plan my day in the morning so that I have structure through the day.
  3. Do at least 15-minutes (set timer) Monday through Friday cleaning tasks: Monday-Kitchen, Tuesday-Bathrooms, Wednesdays-Living Room, Thursdays-Bedrooms, Fridays-Clean van and some outdoor tasks...also daily 1, 2, 3's which are one load of laundry, do the dishes, and set timer for 10 minutes and declutter.
So I put it in writing.  These are my goals for the rest of the month, granted its not a full 30 days, but close to it.  Maybe I will continue these goals for my March 3 in 30 as well.

That's all folks.  Do you want to join me in working prayerfully towards 3 goals the rest of the month of February, and not waste anymore time?

More later...Love to you!
Kim :)








7 comments:

  1. I like your 15 minute idea. Are you following Fly Lady? I learned some of her techniques and changed them to fit my needs. I now work for 30 minutes and do something I enjoy for the same period of time. I alternate throughout the day and feel like I've accomplished something AND had time for me to enjoy! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I have followed Flylady off and on and that is where I got the 15 minute idea. I too have changed things up and used them to fit my needs. I really like your idea to do something for a period of time and then do something same period of time that you enjoy! That is a great idea!! :)

      Delete
  2. Great goals. My biggest struggles were in those areas. So those are the ones I am focusing on the most right now. I may have to carry one of them over to March. lol I'm sure you will do well with them.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe I will probably be carrying them over into March, which is just fine with me, because I really want to get them down so that they are much more natural. I enjoyed your blog! :)

      Delete
  3. Thanks for stopping by! Your goal list looks a lot like the things I am working on/starting in the near future. Disorganization and time management have always been my biggest downfalls. I am also realizing that exercise is better sans kiddos, and need to get up earlier, at least a few days each week...I won't be up at 5:30, but I will be joining you in earlier rising! :) Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also like your point on wasting time. I have realized that lately too and changed my answer from I didn't have enough time- to- I did something else with my time. Makes me realize where my priorities are. Thanks for joining up! Looking forward to seeing your achievements!

    ReplyDelete