Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Is it Me or am I Being Selfish?

I am having the thoughts about the name of my blog that I have.  My heart and yours.  I am thinking to myself, wow, I really have this blog to share with others hearts what God is showing my heart.  Why though do I feel right now that I don't have a whole lot of my heart I want to give.  I am a wife, mom of 3, taking care of our home management and working a full time job.  I have been feeling so much lately that I want to take care of me and stop making excuses.  So forgive me if I seem rude or selfish, I really feel I need to take care of myself and really make myself a priority.  I will be so much more helpful to all areas of my life if I do this.  Where do I start?  I have started walking/jogging the last week or so.  That is one step.  I have started SOAP method of Bible reading the past several days and this is so beneficial for my heart.  I also feel this walking/jogging will be so beneficial in my time with God.  In the quiet, praying, listening, talking to Him.  Enjoying Him.  Getting my energy back.  Releasing this last 40 pounds of weight that I put on for the last time.  The end.  Sharing what I have on my mind with you all right now.

 

 
 So that is all I wanted to do.  Tell you I feel selfish because I can't teach anything right now, I can't unless God does it through me.  In the meantime, there is some healing that needs to go on in my heart and life.  I will continue to share and maybe I will just write about what I am doing and see if God can touch hearts in that way.  Excited to stop the perfectionism and LIVE!
 
 
More later...
Kim

2 comments:

  1. It is so complicated being a woman but somehow when I focus on God it seems much less so. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As an older woman with my child grown with children of his own. I totally understand what you're saying. You have to take care of yourself in order to be there for others. I love the SOAP method as well. I think you have taught us something today! We can't be perfect, we are human. Looking forward to seeing what you decide to share. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete