Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Today

So I am on a journey of health.  A journey of priorities.  A journey of healing.  A journey of being set free.  Praying and seeking God's face each moment at a time.  I remember hearing at a Joyce Meyer conference a few years ago something that stuck with me and I was reminded of it earlier. 

Don't always try to seek God's hand.  If you seek God's face, God's hand will always be there.

So I am seeking His face and I know that His hand will always be there.  New goals.  New healthy goals.  Walking/jogging.  I have a goal to run a 5k by November 24th.  I am inspired anew by a new blog friend I met online yesterday here.  She is inspiring in her story and maybe she will inspire you too.  One pound at a time she wrote. 

I feel like I am going around the same mountain with this weight thing and maybe because I have had the wrong focus.  Perfection is one.  But another is that my focus keeps being the weight and trying to fix it.  How about looking at it from a different perspective.  How about looking at it like this.  Putting me in an order of my priorities instead of just letting me go by the wayside and doing what I can with me whenever I can squeeze in the time.  I am not at my full capacity in any area of my life.  Putting me and my health first will I know in turn enable me to be at full capacity in all areas of my life.  wow.  Perfectionism has to go. 

Few goals I am working on right now:
  1. Drink water more than any other drink and work on getting the sugar drinks back out of my daily diet.
  2. Walk/jog with my runkeeper app helping me keep track, 3-5 days a week.
  3. Do strength training at least 1 day a week, maybe 2.  Looking for a friend to do this along with me.
  4. Meal plan better.  Work on getting more foods I like, and God willing still being able to make the best foods I can for the rest of my family as well.
  5. Focus on God.  Focus on my health.  Not my weight.  That will be a reward for the first two focuses.
More later...

Kim :)

1 comment:

  1. GREAT goals you have!! I need to drink more water! I've been working on cooking more meals in one day and freezing them so it's easier on the days I'm too busy to prepare a meal. Keep it up!!!

    ReplyDelete