Thursday, October 18, 2012

Strengths & Weaknesses (Mine)

So I am reading this really good book that is the best so far that I have read about blogging.  It is called Blogger Behave.  One thing I have learned that stuck with me hard is this, to blog only 10% about your weaknesses and 90% about your strengths.  (I think that is what it said, or 20/80, but I believe the first is correct.) 

I think it is a good idea to really think about this and ponder it and search my heart so I can live more fully in the areas of my strengths and recognize the weaknesses that I can pray for help in and work slowly on them as well.


breaking points,businesses,industries,metaphors,Photographs,ropes,threads,weaknesses
 


What are my strengths.  What are my weaknesses.  I have taken several personality tests lately that reveal what my strengths and weaknesses are and I think I have much more to figure out as far as learning about myself and what those are, but I can share with you what I have learned so far. 

My strengths:
Mercy
Practicing His Presence
Cooking and finding recipes that work around many allergens (though I have not tackled cooking for multitudes, I am really good at finding the best foods to fit.)
Submitting to authority
Serving-more small tasks than large ones
Coordinating
Listening
Tenderhearted (not always showing it though)


My Weaknesses:
People pleasing
Not speaking up for myself, confrontation
Being vulnerable without questioning what people are thinking
Perfectionism, trying to figure everything out and find out the "right" way and then not press on or move forward until I know what that is-time waster! (many areas of my life fit into this category including eating, housekeeping, working, etc--this needs to be worked on so I can press on!)
Giving advice-*working in this area past few years and been really good sometimes at listening and not speaking too quick, and following the prompting of the Holy Spirit in what to say as He leads.

I think you should pray and seek what yours are and learn more about yourself, join me in this fun journey.

More later...
Kim :)


1 comment:

  1. I see now why we click, I could write several of the same strengths and weaknesses. Though I'm not always merciful or submissive as I should be!
    Thanks for sharing your heart.

    ReplyDelete