Thursday, October 11, 2012

I Get it!

It finally clicked.  Something that has been bugging me for a long time.  Each time I set out to work on a certain area of my life, it gets hard.  When it gets hard and I focus on it, it seems like I start to think that it must not be right.  I must not be doing what God wants.  Then I will move on and try something else.  Reading something else.  Think of other areas or new goals.  I don't press through.  Because it is hard and I feel I am doing something wrong.  As I was running last night, in my 1 minute intervals, I felt like God was telling me something when I wanted to stop.  He said press through.  Then I also felt like He was teaching me that when you first start working on an area that is rusty and needs work, it will not be easy.  But you keep on doing it.  If it is what you are supposed to be doing.  The more you do it it will not seem as hard.  Defeat this battle in my mind now that it is too hard and I am doing something wrong. 

I am not doing anything wrong.  I am where God wants me. 

Time to break through these lies that I am doing something wrong.  Be still.  Slow down.  Work on what God has put right in front of me.  And live.
More later...
Kim :)

1 comment:

  1. love this post, Kim! I have the exact same experience when I start working on an area of my life. Probably because I expect (and want) to overcome the problems quickly! It seems like it often takes a year of talking to God about the problem and pursuing truth in that area to gain victory.

    ReplyDelete