Thursday, October 4, 2012

SOAP-1 Corinthians 1

SOAP

1 Corinthians 1





Scripture: 
1 Cor 1:12 Some of you are saying, "I am a follower of Paul."  Others are saying, "I follow Apollos," or "I follow Peter," or "I follow only Christ."

Observation:
This caught me as I was reading through.  One of the first things I thought was who do I say I follow.  And even more than that, who do I LIVE and ACT like I follow.  If someone was observing my life, would it be apparent that I follow Christ?

Application:
How can I apply this scripture to my life?  Don't be fake.  Be.  Honest.  Always.  This is scary for me because sometimes it is easier to stay comfortable and hidden and blend in with the crowd.  But I don't think that shining my light for Jesus or letting Him shine through me looks like hiding or blending in.  Authentic.  Joyful.  Let Him each morning and throughout the day be truly the only thing that matters and let Him carry me through and not worry what others are thinking and allow Him to help me to love and influence them for Him as He leads.  Yield.

Prayer:
Lord thank you for your Word.  Thank you that you have me in your powerful right hand and that you will never let me go.  Thank you that I don't have to be a people pleaser or a perfectionist.  I pray that you would help me and anyone who reads this to really know you.  To really be themselves.  To really be myself.  To not pretend like I am a certain way or a certain person, but to really show my weaknesses and let you work through them.  I know you are constantly working and I pray for the evidences of that, even if they are minute, be clear to me and shown to me so I can continue to be thankful and not get a grouchy attitude.  Give me courage and boldness to stand out for you when you say to.  Be my words.  Complete me and be my everything.  Help me to see things that I am keeping more than you.  Authentic.  It hurts, the natural me, but I know you are working it out for good.  Courage I pray for in Jesus Name, Amen :)

No comments:

Post a Comment