Wednesday, January 16, 2013

52 Weeks Project Update

So I am making some progress and it is nice to be intentional and to have goals and things to look forward to doing, so for that reason I am glad that I made this list.  I took our two younger kids to the Ringling Brothers Circus last weekend and we had a great time.  The kids were enthralled in the show the entire time, except of course when intermission came.  I am glad we went.  It will be a great memory that they have and even myself!  I update my progress in red with dates below and will share more as I journey more.  I am excited to walk in the first annual Jubilee Color Run in our town this Saturday with some great friends I haven't seen in a long time.  Excited to see God work out all of the details of the weekend.

  1. Complete Couch to 5k and run in a 5k-Start training January with C25K app 60 day T-Tapp challenge. (did not feel like doing the running, want to rehab my knees and t-tapp is great for that 1/11/13) 1/21/13 update-sent before pics and registered yesterday, it's on!
  2. Complete a mud color run or a spartan race-possibly the Gulf Coast Mud Run in November. 1/16/13 update will be walking this Saturday in the Jubilee Color Run with my friends! Done!  Had a blast it was so fun, glad I did it! (1/21/13)
  3. Go on a family nature walk.
  4. Make bags to keep in car to hand out to homeless people-let kids be involved too.
  5. Walk 2 miles daily for 30 days straight-March.
  6. Go 30 days drinking only water-February.  Not much longer to go on this :) (1/18/13)
  7. Read aloud one book a week with kids.
  8. Tan in tanning bed regularly for a month-April.
  9. Make my own crab legs (one of hubbys favorite foods!).
  10. Try a load of laundry a day for 1 week (can't stretch it longer or I may not even try!)
  11. Let one child make dinner each month (starting small here!).
  12. 5 minute workout daily for a month. (January). Been going strong for 10 days now (1/12/13)...1/16/13 still going strong and feels good, mostly doing T-Tapp moves, love that!
  13. Play hide and seek with kids.
  14. Get my blog redesigned. (January) Redesign started January 17th with Sweet Simplicity designs, excited!
  15. Try a camping trip with the family (despite my dislike of outdoors and bugs lol) even if it is in the backyard.
  16. Try the pushup challenge.
  17. Travel to a state we have never been to.
  18. Go on a cruise, Carnival preferred, but even if we just take a dolphin cruise on the beach.
  19. Get our driveway widened-concrete!
  20. Ride segways downtown with family.
  21. Go to an arts festival.
  22. Try rollerblading again.
  23. Go on a bowling date with my man.
  24. Do the Respect dare. 1/21/13 in progress, on day 4 today
  25. Write an e-book.
  26. Do the One bite at a time.
  27. Take kids to beach and go kayaking.
  28. Take a trip to water park during the summer.
  29. Try a Cross Fit class.
  30. Try a Zumba class.
  31. Try a spin class.
  32. Get a massage at a spa.
  33. Take a trip with my husband to our favorite getaway spot.
  34. Make a memory book for someone.
  35. Christmas shop before December.
  36. Take the 52 week money challenge: *1/4/13 update, made envelope to start putting the $ in...1/12/13-have not started this.  I'm not sure I am going to, working on getting more organized in the budget, but still possible.  (1/16/13)
  37. Finish James Journible and write out entire book of James. Going strong 1/12/13, loving it.
  38. Take a 30 Day Walk through the Psalms during summer to be ready for start of new school year. (July)
  39. Walk in the Mall to Mall walk with a friend or with my kids (who wants to join me?).
  40. Take a retreat/get away with girl friends.
  41. Create a whole weeks meal plan with no allergens that all family can eat (breakfast, lunches, snacks and dinner).
  42. Go to a concert with my man.
  43. Completely reorganize kitchen counter where clutter always piles-this would make for a HAPPY home! (whole new system here with my home manager binder and all-simplify) Got page protectors and tabs to start organizing my home manager binder 1/15/13
  44. Try golfing with my husband.
  45. Take a family trip to Georgia and climb Stone Mountain together.
  46. Dress up for Halloween.
  47. Take a cooking class. Looking into doing this with a friend soon...1/16/13
  48. Get a professional makeup makeover.
  49. Ride the 360 wheel at the beach.
  50. Take kids to the circus. Done 1/12/13, had a blast!
  51. Make the bed every day for a week and see how it changes the day.
  52. Take the 30 Day Yoga Challenge. *update 1/4/13-DVD purchased, recieved the DVD today 1/12/13...recieved the DVD and will start this in a few months...1/16/13
More later...love to you!
Kim :)

1 comment:

  1. This is a wonderful list and I'm so glad you are able to tick these things off one by one!

    How FUN!

    http://cottagesweetcottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete