Sunday, February 17, 2013

Freedom

I am feeling such a sense of freedom today.  See I have had myself in bondage for the past few years and did not even realize it. I learned that we can be in bondage in some areas and still grow in others.  I used to think that nothing would happen until I learned and had growth in one area. My weakness, my area God is working in, is eating.  I was applying eating for hunger/fullness only or intuitive eating to this problem, and making it a diet or a law.  I did not realize this completely though I had small nudges about it through the past few years.  I never fully grasped why I didn't have peace when trying to read a book about intuitive eating or when trying to apply it to my life.

I sabotaged myself every single time.  I don't know why.  Last night when talking to an accountability partner in this area of life that I have had a year or so now I realized that what God was teaching me in this area is to take care of myself, to listen to my body and to His Spirit.  It seems every day I would think I am to eat only when hungry but let me hurry up and eat something when I'm not hungry to take the pressure off.  Hmmm, interesting.

So last night it started with freedom. Taking care of myself.  Being gentle with myself.  God knows my heart and He knows that I am on this journey to glorify Him..."whether you eat drink or whatever you do, do all for the glory of God."

Today for the first time in a long time I don't feel the burden of having to eat only when I'm hungry.  It isn't a law anymore.  It is going to take time, but intuitive eating is going to happen because I am listening to my body, nurturing and taking care of myself, and in the long run I am going to be able to be so much more beneficial in the lives of my husband, children and anyone I am in contact with.

I did find a beneficial app this week called "no more diets" and she says in the beginning of the e-book app DO NOT make this app another diet.  So no pressure, intuitive eating is my goal and God is going to give me grace as I walk this out with His help and take care of my body they way that He intends.  No rules and no strings attached.  There's only grace.


2 Corinthians 12:7-10 Because of the surpassing greatness of the revelations, for this reason, to keep me from exalting myself, there was given me a thorn in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to torment me--to keep me from exalting myself!  Concerning this I implored the Lord three times that it may leave me.  And He has said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness."  Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me.  Therefore I am well content with weaknesses, with insults, with distresses, with persecutions, with difficulties, for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then I am strong.

More later...

2 comments:

  1. it is a lot of pressure to only eat when I'm hungry. I don't always eat like that. I try to do this: eat only what is truly delicious and makes me feel very good. that has really helped me avoid mindless eating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Miriam, that is right. I love that--that is the direction I am heading :)

      Delete