Monday, February 4, 2013

January Project-How Did it Go?

I have completed a project on my 52 projects in 52 weeks yesterday and wanted to share a little about it.  On number 12 I wanted to try to exercise 5 mintues a day everyday to see if I had a habit form and to see how I felt.  In this time I also joined T-Tapp 60-day challenge.  I did not get many workouts in yet with the T-Tapp but I did do a few moves every day using my 5 minutes.  There were 3 days during the month that I did not do anything that I recorded.  I didn't beat myself up over this either.  I just kept on going.

I have to say it was nice doing this, but I don't "feel" like I want to stick to it because some days I found myself trying to fit it in even if it was right before I went to bed.  Now on one hand it could be a good thing because I did lose inches this month.  Probably around 4-6 inches.  Maybe more because I didn't measure until a few weeks into doing it. 

Really I want to exercise on a regular basis forever, there is no ending point.  But I would much rather have a regular exercise routine that leaves me feeling like I really worked out and I know I will feel better with more than 5 minutes a day. 

That being said though, little changes done consistently do add up.  So if that is all I wanted to commit to, 5 minutes a day, and I lost 5 inches a month, that means by Christmas I would have lost 60 INCHES!  Now that is crazy! 

What I can take away from this is even if I cannot fit into my day a real good workout, even if I do 5 minutes, I will be doing something beneficial for my body and there will be good results.

Thankful that I stuck it out and finished.  The February project is drinking mainly water as my main drink and I stopped coca cola and sweet tea cold turkey.  Took a few hard hits but I am feeling better and better each day. 

More later...

2 comments:

  1. Kim, I have recently run up on your blog! Today though, I have tried to find out who you were, & scrolled back all the blog posts shown! Girl, you are amazing! You are speaking to my heart& soul! We could have been twins! I have been blessed to start a blog in Jan. Haven't done much! But I am so hopeful, that I will be able to share my story so eloquently as you have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay thank you Helen! Thank God :) I am thankful my story can help someone! Share your story as He leads and you will love it and help people. It's amazing how He uses us.

    ReplyDelete