Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Persevere

I just want to encourage anyone reading to never give up.  Persevere.  No matter how deep of a pit you feel like you are in, God will bring you out, just look up and cling to Him.  He is doing things in my life now and I am loving just resting in His grace alone.  He is all I need.

I have been meditating on this scripture and I may keep on doing that another week or longer as long as I need, and it is working its way into my heart and daily life.

Galatians 5:16 Walk by the Spirit and you will not gratify the desires of your flesh.

Today I was breaking it up thinking ok, walk.  Walk means I do that all through the day, walking through my thoughts, my actions, my chores, my conversations, etc.  And to do it by the Spirit, who lives in me, who walks with me, who never leaves me, who wants to be my best friend, who is my constant companion, who is the ultimate counselor and the list goes on, how lucky I am!  (we are!) Gratify.  I will not gratify.  I will not do, I will not chase, I will not run after, I will not satisfy.  the Desires.  Things that I could lust after.  Things I run after.  Things I focus excessively on.  my flesh.  My little toddler in me that wants it her way, now and whatever I want I want it, opposite of the Spirit.  So I thought ok, breaking it down and thinking on this constantly, renewing my mind with this scripture, is truth.  I will continue dwelling on it.

More later...love to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment