Wednesday, June 29, 2011

I believe the greatest trick of the devil is not to get us into some sort of evil but rather have us wasting time. This is why to devil tries so hard to get Chritians to be religious. If he can sink a man's mind into habit, he will prevent his heart from engaging God. (Donald Miller-Blue Like Jazz)

A friend posted this on Facebook and it hit me in a strange way. Something I have been pondering lately is how much knowledge I have, hence all the reading I talked about in my last post, but how much of it is getting to my heart.

I am on to something the Lord is trying to teach me. I will continue to be still to be refreshed in the Lord and find how He will help me not have so much head knowledge but be authentic, and have it all in my heart. I pray now Lord you will help me now not be distracted any longer by the enemy or my own bad choices that are causing religion or habits that are useless in my heart and life. Where do I go from here? In Jesus Name, Amen

Be still and know that I am God.

Love to you! More later...

3 comments:

  1. I JUST finished posting be still and know He is God...on another blog..and here I come...and see it again....hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..YES.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post. I am just in the process of finding a new church (long story) and this is a fantastic and timely reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad God used these words! HE is so awesome!

    ReplyDelete