Friday, June 17, 2011

Tip of the Iceberg

Thank you for stopping by! I spent a week away from the Internet and email and what I learned in that time is that I have a lot of decluttering to do, and mostly in my mind. I feel I have not even gotten past the tip of the iceberg and have so far to go in my walk wih the Lord.

It was an eye opener to see how I cluttered my mind with many many things on the Internet, all great things, but not the best for me. Many Christian blogs, Bible studies, kind words on Facebook, and these things as good as they are, were something to keep me moving and keeping me from being still. I see now how much more I need to be still and I also see how it will not be comfortable, I see I will have trials that I can't run from. But if I want to fully surrender to the Lord and let Him teach me and refine me, it's what I must do. And I think doing it joyfully just working on praising God through it all, because after all...He IS on my side. I also learned that I need to let God love me and I saw how I have a root in my heart or a lie that I believed for so long that says I am not good enough and that I am not worthy of love and one minute of me rushing past His call to be still and I miss the truth. I am so special and so deeply unconditionally loved.

More later...share your thoughts and what things the Lord may be teaching you lately. Can you relate to any of these things?

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I can definitely relate! While being edifying and encouraging, those things can never take the place of the actual source Himself.

    ReplyDelete