Thursday, June 2, 2011

31 Days to Clean

So I am on day....22 of the 31 day e-book.  I am really enjoying it and when I wake up I look forward to just reading the days reading (Mon-Fri) and I get a little nugget of wisdom and truth each day, its really nice.  I have not been able to keep up with all of the Martha tasks but I have been doing other cleaning and home managing routines I have learned over the years so that is taking the place of that. The part I am really getting ministered to with is the Mary challenges. It touches on so many areas of life that us moms and wives deal with in our walk with God and helps explain it in simple but deep type ways. I can't wait to see how many things have changed in our home when it's over. Not me changing it myself that's for sure...God is helping me know what to do when otherwise I would be doing it all and not getting anything but overwhelmed and unfocused.

So far things I have gleamed from it are:

  • Making a list each night or morning for that day of things I want to get or need to get accomplished.  Keeps me more focused and purposeful through the day.  Making a home cleaning routine has helped me, a revamped one where I put a list on my fridge of the things that need to get done and I got a lot also from iheartorganizing.blogspot.com.  I got my list from her and she personalized it for me for $3 and I got it laminated for 1.50 at Office Depot and have dry erase marker with magnet next to it...it makes it simple and clear to see so I don't have to go look at my phone or some other list.
  • About the curse on the home or work at the home, that is talked about in Genesis how its all unproductive work, and is never complete.  Then to realize that and start learning how to clean and keep my home joyfully as unto the Lord because its got to be done and its not going away.  Better outlook here I was refreshed with.
  • Making a schedule for the day so that you learn what you are doing with your time.  She gave a site where I got an ebook called "Tell Your Time" and this helps in 30 pages to really get to the core of your time and organizing it, easily.  I am halfway through that and already see it will be nice when I complete it.  I see I waste a lot of time procrastinating and also on the computer, although looking at Christian blogs and reading Christian books, etc, its too much and I am working on letting go of that some and having balance as God leads.
There is much more I hope to share on this but this is what is on my heart at the moment.

Take a listen to this, its life! :)
(I know this is not the original singer but this girl just ministered to my heart and I thought she was a sweetheart!)

Where do you struggle in the home? Have you found any resources or books or things that help with keeping the home and doing it joyfully so its not a burden?  Do share!

More later...love to you!
Kim

2 comments:

  1. I struggle with everything in the home. I find myself always in the kitchen (where my heart is - I love cooking!) but I never have any time for anything else! What little time I do have is used for endless piles of laundry for this household of five, which leaves the rest forever on the "To-Do List" but never complete. I have my aging kids help much more now, which is good... I'm checking out some of these links in the next week. Thanks.

    OMG this girl is giving me CHILLS! Thanks so much for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Now I'm in tears re-watching it. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete