Sunday, June 5, 2011

Today

Today was the day that I allowed myself a treat, once a week.  I enjoyed it, not like I used to, and it left me just wanting more and more and it is not the best feeling.  I think my resistance muscle is stronger now and the Lord is teaching me to lean on Him and realize good choices before just grabbing and running ahead.  I am glad for that.  I am about to go and take a walk because I feel I could just grab more food.  I am avoiding the kitchen right now and chugging a lot of water.  Oh I just realized I need to be praying some scripture or looking up to fill up on the Lord, this will help indeed!!!

I am for the moment using a tool of in a journal writing what I eat each day.  That is helpful to look back at, but honestly thats not what is helping me.  What is helping me is to feed my Spirit and its changing me within, and helping me not to give into my fleshly desires.  There is that scripture I am reminded of...

Galatians 5:16 "So I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh."

That is the key I am learning and I feel I do not have to look past that.  Thats where I need to be right now, walking by the Spirit.  I always thought there was more I needed to figure out, but feeling now that is a lie and I need to just walk by the Spirit more each moment.  Period, no more analyzing or figuring out, rely on God for His wisdom and understanding.  Proverbs 3:5

Thinking of posting some before pics and maybe some after pictures, but will see if that is what the Lord wants in this journey.  Maybe just heart stuff....

More later!  Love to you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment