Thursday, June 23, 2011

Wait!!

Wait on the Lord.


I grab so often for things, like if I don't grab and look for it then I will not hear the Lord.  I seem to grab so much so often that I don't even really know for sure if I am hearing Him or not.  I have to remember one thing and remember it clearly forever, I am not God and I am not God of my life....He is perfectly capable of being my God and I am not.


*(picture from google image search)

The things I grab for are all good.  A new Christian book talking about testimonies, talking about the ways of the Lord, life with the Lord, things important to the Lord.  Christian music constantly.  I love Christian blogs and formats and schedules of how to do things in life as a wife and mother and homekeeper.  Womens Bible study at church.  I ask myself what am I looking for.  What if these things I am grabbing for are the only things that are keeping me from actually listening to the Lord?  Busy mind, nonstop, need to wait on the Lord.  What would my heart and life be like right now if I just waited on God, spent time on my knees and with His Word alone.  All of the things I listed above are good, and He would use them to counsel and guide me as He felt led, but only then, not when I am grabbing looking, searching for answers when I have not sat as His feet long enough to listen to what HE is saying to me first and through His Word.  


I have been watching a show lately that is speaking to my heart, Make it or Break It...and it is elite gymnasts training for the olympics.  The more that I watch it the more I feel the Lord showing me how life is like a race, training for things, keeping focus, not losing focus, obeying the coach when he knows what is best for the athletes life and has his best interest at heart.  I thought wow, I recall there are scriptures that talk about the race, running it, keeping eyes fixed on Jesus, run for the prize, run to win, etc.


I looked up several just doing a search on race in my Bible app on my phone.  There are many.  So right now I wait, I be quiet, and I start to learn about this new life I am in, new life as a child of the Lord, and learn to keep my eyes fixed on Him in this race called life, throwing off all that hinders me.  


Hebrews 12:1 (NIV) Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.


What has the Lord been teaching you lately?  


*Update on my Reshaping it All goal, I have until Sunday the 26th.  I have been walking most evenings 1-1.5 miles and doing T-Tapp DVD exercises and also have gone and done a few classes at my gym.  Moderation and not excessive focus and doing things I enjoy.  I have continued fasting my middle of the day meal each day, eating some snacks most days usually around 2pm and some days I have gone overboard, but I get right back on track with God's help.  He is working in me and teaching me to sew to my Spirit and not the flesh, and showing me how the Spirit and the flesh are constantly at war...Galatians 5:16-26.  I learned a lot the past week or two from studying and understanding some of the fruits of the Spirit and what are NOT the fruits of the Spirit.  Also seeing how this really is not about the weight at all but about my heart.  I have lost 3 1/2 pounds and got down to size 14.  That is not my focus but just a reward for learning to keep my eyes fixed on Jesus :)


More later...love to you!

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic on the walking part..wow..good for you...and your weight release too praise God...I so connected to your post tonight...my goodness have I ever!!!

    ReplyDelete