Friday, January 27, 2012

Fun in the Kitchen Friday

I have learned so much about the kitchen and how it is SO the heart of the home these last few years.  Through a lot of prayer, reading, searching, and experimenting I have seemed to come a long way in cooking for my family, even considering all of the allergies to work around.  The scripture Proverbs 3:6 it says "In all your ways acknowledge the Lord and He will direct your paths."  So in every area that is what I do in my life.

So what can I share this Friday about fun in the kitchen or things that have helped me in the kitchen.  Number one, pray and give it all to God and ask for wisdom in how to handle your kitchen needs for your family.  Then dive in and pick something to start with and go for it.  For me one of the first things I started doing was meal planning.  When I make my grocery list, I started on the back of my list writing what meals or snacks I would make with the things I was buying.  I would see if I had any of the things I needed already on hand so I didn't buy duplicates.  I try to make 5-6 meals a week, leaving one night for kind of a leftovers night or maybe a dining out night.  I also tried to find a few desserts I could make to spoil my family each week.  Before starting my grocery list also, I make note of all I already have in the house and what meals I can make from those things or just add to my list a few extra things needed to complete a meal.

That is helpful.  It really has been for me.  Have fun with it!  I think I can look at it like I won't enjoy it and then guess what, I really dread it and I don't enjoy it and I feel icky about it.  But if I try and make it fun and just enjoy it, then I tend to really enjoy it and my family ends up really enjoying it as well.

appliances,cafes,chefs,cookwares,food,household,kitchens,occupations,restaurants,stoves

Do you have any helpful tips that have helped you be more organized and enjoy cooking and having fun in the kitchen at your house?  Share with me, I am so wanting to keep learning more!


Also if you want delish recipes and even some allergy friendly ones, I get so many from this awesome lady, Janelle, at Comfy in the Kitchen.  Go see her some time!



More later...love to you!
Kim


1 comment:

  1. I've often prayed for God to give me help in the kitchen. I want to be great cook. Oh I'm good...average..but I want to be able to make fantastic recipes. I'm not very good at making my own up, but I would really like to be able to do that. I want some adventure too...and want to try things I would never think of. I would love to perfect the best ever homemade bread for starters. I'm not there yet. But want to be. So I'm often praying to be gifted in the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete