Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Wife Wednesday

Wife Wednesday.  I have been thinking to myself lately...what is the first thing I learned about being a wife?  At first when I started thinking about what I thought about marriage before being married it started out being thoughts like what can I do to change my husband to make him who "I" want him to be...what does he need to do to make "me" happy...and those thoughts even carried into my marriage once I got married.

concepts,emotions,feelings,Fotolia,marriages,red hearts,romantic,symbols,Valentine's Day,weddings

Well the simplest thing that I have learned about being a wife is I can't control how it all works out, but I can control my part of it and work on that.  When I do that, things seem to start working much better.  One of the scriptures that I read a few years ago that made me say, "WOW, I'M TEARING MY OWN HOUSE DOWN...with my own hands..."

Proverbs 13:1
A wise woman builds her home, but a foolish woman tears it down with her own hands.

I did not realize it AND I did not want to be that girl anymore!


Then...I learned that I can be a crown to my husband.  


Proverbs 12:4
A worthy wife is a crown for her husband, but a disgraceful woman is like cancer in his bones.


My goal would be to continually become a nicer and nicer crown for my husband and it's something that has to be intentionally worked at daily and with God's grace (help).


Now I am going to stop thinking/talking about all of the above and going to say this...due to what I am thinking/feeling right now...


IT'S NOT ABOUT ME.


If I try and satisfy all of my needs from my husband, I am going to be sadly disappointed.  God is the only one who can satisfy all of my needs and it is pointless to try and get anything like that from my husband or any human being.


affections,concepts,designs,emotions,Fotolia,holidays,keys,locks,love,marriages,red hearts,romantics,symbols,Valentine's Day


Isaiah 58:11  
The LORD will guide you continually, giving you water when you are dry and restoring your strength. You will be like a well-watered garden, like an ever-flowing spring.


Philippians 4:19
19 And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus.


That is all for now...more later...love to you,
Kim 















No comments:

Post a Comment