Thursday, January 12, 2012

Happy 2012 and my One Word

Hello there!  I have not written in a while and have been trying to learn direction from the Lord in all areas of my life.  Trying to stop being so busy (online, social media, Bible studies, activities,projects, plans, etc) so I could listen.  I feel some direction, but it is not all clear yet.  I did want to share here though my "one word" for 2012.  I don't know if you have heard of this, but I first did on K-love radio the beginning of last year, 2011.  I prayed and sought about what my one word for 2011 would be.  Refresh.  That was my word.  I wanted my relationship with the Lord refreshed, and all areas of my life refreshed.  It was a very challenging year, and I held on to things the Lord said to let go of.  I can be so stubborn.  That being said, I did grow, and I did learn.  Change happened and areas were refreshed (although not perfectly from "my" perspective).

arrows,buttons,circles,circular,cropped images,cropped pictures,icons,PNG,refresh,refresh buttons,refreshes,returns,symbols,transparent background

I was led to visit a new church, growth happened.  Circumstances came my way and I clung to the Lord with all I had.  He was faithful.  My faith grew and my ability to trust Him grew.  Was let go of a job I had done at home for the past 6 years.  Adjusted to a new at home job that required harder work but but less time, and I adjusted to being more of a stay at home mom.  Finances were renewed and more organization happened in that area.  Towards the end of the year my weight started releasing as I sought Him in how He wanted me to eat and actually listened to what He said and did it by His grace, and continue doing so even now.  There were many areas.  He was there.  He did not leave me and never will leave me.  No matter what may come my way, ever.

So here is 2012.  After praying and seeking about a word that would fit for 2012, what was next?  The word that ended up being THE word was.....LIVE.  That's right, live.  Not live like a live audience, but live, like live your life to the fullest.  Live each moment to the fullest.  Learn how to not numb myself out with the things of this world and with burdens and trying to figure everything out and trying to live for pleasure and trying to control.........but live.  Live each moment, yielded to the Holy Spirit who is alive and thriving right inside of ME.  I believe that.  Why haven't I lived it out?  So starting each day knowing I will live today, live each moment, is what 2012 holds.  Seeking what God's best is for me in each moment.  I can't make a plan in life that will make sense and then live it out having it play out all perfectly and wonderfully and then be completely satisfied with it.  I have tried.  It doesn't work that way.  But what does work and makes a beautiful organized, fruitful, controlled life...is surrendering/yielding it to Him who created me each moment each day doing what His Holy Spirit leads me to do, and then let the results be all His.  It turns out fabulous.  So I am going to give it a try.  I am going to get messy in life, imperfect, learn to not be afraid of messing up and falling down or doing the wrong thing and strive to do what God leads.

boats,concepts,environmental issues,environments,greens,iStockphoto,lakes,leaves,lives,nature,nautical vessels,ponds,reflections,ripples,sails,seasons,skies,springs,summers,waters

Join me in living today?  Live surrendered to the One who has it all in His hands and will make a wonderful beautiful organized fruitful life....and best of all, it will satisfy our deepest desires and needs.  He does that.  Or do you have a one word you feel led to live out by the Grace of God in 2012??  Do share!  Here is the website to read more about it if you want http://myoneword.org/.  

More later...love to you,
Kim

3 comments:

  1. Oooooh! Missed you. What an uplifting post of gratitude and obedience to God! Inspiring! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing words Kim...I can see you have real clarity with things in your life...so thankful to have read this...love u!

    ReplyDelete