Sunday, January 29, 2012

Mom Monday

Since I want to write about my heart and yours, and really it also means, God's heart and mine, I want to write about what I need to hear and what I am learning about being a mom.  Because maybe from what I am learning in my season of life I can then turn around and help others going through the same thing.  


2 Corinthians 1:4  He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others.  When they are troubled, we will be able to give them the same comfort God has given us.


babies,children,females,fingers,hands,kids,mothers,people,photographs,women


Walking by the Spirit.  In mothering.  Knowing that in each day, in each moment, I have an opportunity in each circumstance, to let the Holy Spirit who lives in me because I gave my life to the Lord July 2003 and He gave me His Holy Spirit to live in me forever, to let Him teach me and shape me into who He wants me to be.  This is a challenge for me, why, because I want to be in control and I do not like to be still and listen.  I drag my feet and I struggle with God in being still.  I do not like this about me because it causes me to not grow as quickly in the Lord as I could if I would listen and do what He says more promptly.  Of course, I know that in my sinful nature it is not natural to just desire everything God wants easily, but my prayer is that I am able to handle each day and each circumstance as a mom, yielding to the Holy Spirit more and more instead of taking the reigns myself and not growing and feeling more miserable.


So for example in a temper tantrum, what can I learn from that?  I can be still, I can listen to the still small voice that I ask for guidance (and self control) from Him, and do what He says.  I really think Matthew 6:33 can apply to every situation every day...seeking first the Kingdom of God and all else will be added unto you.  So in the tantrum, in my heart I say God help me, what do I do to handle this situation, and as I wait on Him and rest in Him, then things will flow and work out.  Will it be easy, um no, sorry to say.  But in the end I will grow from that situation because I listened to Him, and I will have peace and contentment and joy.


What is hard for me, point blank, I want it my way, I want to run the show.  Where I need to grow and pray about in this area is for surrender.  I pray for the desire to want to surrender and for the willingness.  God's way is perfect and my way is not.  


Psalm 4:3 says, "You can be sure of this:  The LORD set apart the godly for himself.  The LORD will answer when I call to Him."


So I can be sure that if I call to Him, He will answer.  I will rest in that.  


Join me in resting in the Lord through your parenting circumstances this week?  


More later...love to you!
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment