Thursday, March 14, 2013

Constantly Decluttering

Constantly decluttering.  I don't have a lot to say here planned, but I feel like I need to ramble some to get out the thoughts I am thinking about this.  So bare with me as I ramble...probably will be scattered but that will be okay.


The picture above says a lot doesn't it?  Chaos anyone?  Living in this world we are so bombarded with things every day.  Things that cause us to get off track of where we want our mind and our thoughts and our actions.  One little thing we hear on tv, in the grocery store or on the radio can change the course of our entire day.  One picture on a cover of a magazine in the checkout aisle--that's right, can change the course of our entire day and can change our attitude instantly.  That is why it is so important that we guard our hearts.  

Proverbs 4:23 Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it.

I know I have some decluttering projects that need to be done in my house.  I know I have decluttering projects to be done in my car.  I know I have decluttering projects that need to be done in my garage.  I even know I have decluttering projects that are going on in my physical body as I release the excess weight on my body.  But what about the decluttering that needs to be done inside of my mind?  If I don't think about that, then it will never change.  It is NOT a one time thing either.  It is a constant battle.  It is like if you let your guard down even for a second, BAM!!!!!

Our feelings and our thoughts are all up there in our brain and really play into this whole mind clutter thing.  I feel like there is never going to be an end to it and I am probably right.  It is constant.  You wake up in the morning and you are bombarded with feelings saying I don't wanna work today, then you go in the bathroom and you look in the mirror and see things you don't like to see--bam, there goes the attitude for the day.

Another thing is what are we focusing on.  I know for me I tend to want to read a million books and be involved in all sorts of activities at church and at home.  I can't do them all.  Discernment and prayer have to be involved.  If I am jumping all over the place in Bible studies and so scattered that it is not soaking in and I am not applying it to my life, what good is that doing?  So I want to (and I feel I have done this so much already) minmize and simplify even more in what I am taking in.  I feel I need to have less in order to have more quality and God's best.  Bible studies, one with my Life Group at church.  Church services, one so I can soak it all up and see what God is teaching me.  Balance and discernment and simplifying.  It is happening and needs to continue.  God show me your best for my heart and life is my prayer, in Jesus Name Amen.

I don't know quite where I am going with all of these thoughts except for this.  Guard your heart.  Get in God's Word every single day all day long however you can and soak it up.  Cry out to Him and talk to Him all day long and ask Him to help you in everything.  If a icky thought comes to your mind--well then ask God please help me with this thought, take it, it doesn't sit well with me, it doesn't seem right.  We will never be able to relax in Him if we don't fight this battle daily, and even when we are weary and don't feel like we can do it, let's ask God, please help me to do this today because if you don't help me I am going to mess it all up and it ain't going to look pretty.  That's all I feel led to say at the moment.  Fix your eyes on Jesus today.  Time to do some spring cleaning in the mind.

More later...



4 comments:

  1. Oh my mind feels so cluttered these days with all the to do(s) and what to do(s) on my list. Not to mention the areas that need to be decluttered in my home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand Wanda. I pray you can take some quiet time and refresh. Have a wonderful week!

      Delete
  2. very well written post kim!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Miriam. I'm enjoying your slay posts too :-)

      Delete