Monday, May 23, 2011

Goals from My Personal Trainer

**Revising some of this as I feel it is way to complex here and need to simplify**

So during my quiet time a few days ago I had the Lord help me with goals.  I always struggle with these because I seem to fail every time.  This time though the word reliance is what is needed.  Jesus, my reliance on Jesus.  My focus on Him.  He is my rock.

I am going to, along with 2 chapters a week from Reshaping it All which I feel is a light read and not too deep, I am going to go through 30 days of Thin Within, which is the first of my short term goals.

Before making my goals I committed this all to the Lord as Proverbs 3:5-6:

5Lean on, trust in, and be confident in the Lord with all your heart and mind and do not rely on your own insight or understanding.  6In all your ways know, recognize, and acknowledge Him, and He will direct and make straight and plain your paths. 


I did not want it to be mine and wanted Him in control.  So here are the goals I felt led to write in my journal Saturday.



The Big Goals:

  1. Lose 52 pounds and fit into my blue jean shorts my husband got me in 2009, pictured below.  
  2. Be Free from the "pull" (bondage) of food.
  3. Help others, as God leads, to do the same.
photo.JPGphoto.JPG

Mini Goals (reminders):
  1. 1 Pound per week.
  2. Keep eyes fixed on Jesus renewing mind constantly. (Do not EVER have to go back where I was)
  3. I will have one treat a week.
  4. God is my personal trainer.
  5. When I'm not physically hungry and want food, run to God!
  6. Fast a meal a day until June 26th.  Fill up on God in the midday meal and if I get hungry have some fruit juice or some fruit or small snack, to sew seeds to my Spirit and not the flesh.  (Learned this from Alternative Diet by Diane Hampton)
  7. Exercise 3-5 days a week doing T-Tapp, walking or going to the gym/taking a class.
Proverbs 3:5-6

Spiritual Goal:  Remain constantly in fellowship with Him walking and submitting to the Holy Spirit.

30 Day Goal-to June 26th (for my husbands big birthday and our little getaway)
  1. Exercise 5 days a week.
  2. Eat when my body is physically hungry and until June 26th fast one meal a day, middle of the day meal, and feed on God's Word, if hungry drink fruit juice or eat small amount of fruit. (Learned this from Alternative Diet by Diane Hampton)
  3. Run to God for heart hunger.  
  4. 1 treat a week, when hungry, savor it.
  5. Read through the book Thin Within in 30 days.  I may not hit it all every single aspect, but to hit on just what God wants me to hit on.
Counting the Cost:
This and every day is not always easy.  Remember that.  Rest in Jesus.
Hebrews 12:11 No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful.......

So there we have it.  Giving You Lord all of my fears and intimidations because they are there.  Help me rest in You, move forward one step at a time in this, I cannot do it wihtout You, as You lead me and give me strength.  Your word says: " 
28 Have you never heard?
      Have you never understood?
   The Lord is the everlasting God,
      the Creator of all the earth.
   He never grows weak or weary.
      No one can measure the depths of his understanding.
 29 He gives power to the weak
      and strength to the powerless.

Help me meditate on the fact that I am powerless and You are my strength, constantly renewing my mind with Your truth.  Lord help me to be still and listen each day.  Stop me from any legalism.  In Jesus Name, Amen



No comments:

Post a Comment