Friday, May 20, 2011

Its not about the food

So the Lord gave me this revelation a few days ago and this is something that He has told me before but I had forgotten.  He refreshed my mind with this simple little nugget that has nudged me along to press on even more.

He said, Kim, even it is not about the food. 



He said even if this food issue in your life was gone, you are at your natural weight, etc, you will still have the heart issues.  They are not going to go away.  You have to let me heal you.  You have to let me transform you.  You have to just rest in my arms.  You can strive at losing this weight, have all the goals and plans and routines in place, and carry them out, but you will still be empty.  The pain, hurts, sin, whatever is hindering your heart needs to be brought to me and whether you eat bingeing all day long or whether you eat a diet each day that is restricted, it will still be there.  All of it. 



Revelation is what it was for me.  So thankful Lord that you showed me this.  I thought wow the past few years so much struggle over how I will eat when you have given me two simple things to follow and then the rest just let you work in my heart, but I have spent the time figuring out the food thing.  Its the heart, heart, heart.  I have to let you have that and work in it.  Help me be still moment by moment and allow this.  Rest in the chaos I have and just pour my heart out to you.  In Jesus Name, Amen :)

More later!

2 comments:

  1. I find it very interesting how I've been involved in weight-loss blogger community for 2-3 years now, many of them Christians, and all of a sudden it seems many of us are simultaneously learning the truth, being set free from this food obsession. Amazing. God really does love us so much, this is proof. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree that when I first a few years ago started learning about eating for hunger and stopping when satisfied and how the Lord made our bodies, and as He leads eating beneficial foods that I LOVE, it was hard to talk about that even around Christian friends, it seemed foriegn. Now with like you said many learning the truth, its amazing and I don't feel so strange with the truth I feel I am so blessed to have! God is good! Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete