Thursday, May 5, 2011

Commit

Hello to y'all!! Thank you for sharing your comments with me, I'm so thankul to have you all along this journey with the Lord! Here I am tonight after a long day with my husband and 3 children wanting to share my heart about something the Lord put on my heart tonight. Amazingly enough, well He is amazing, He used a TV commercial to speak to me!!

You see, the past year or so I have struggled, mostly with my eating after having it surrendered to the Lord for a short while and being free, and it was mostly a spiritual battle...at least from what I've learned so far. I have felt sort of unsettled and left trying to figure this whole issue out and even though I seek the Lord daily and I am obedient and surrendered in so many areas of my life, this is one of the areas I have been wrestling with the Lord in.

Tonight the commercial was on FOX while watching American Idol, really one of the only TV shows I watch, and it was about that restaurant show with the Ramsey guy (forgive me I don't know his name or the shows name at the moment), but the restaurant owner has a business that is failing and this man comes in and tries to help him save their restaurants. The clip I saw that spoke to me was a direct conversation between the business owner and the Ramsey guy. He asked him a question and the man answers loudly, "I'm a failure!!!!!!!!" Then the reply was "then commit!!!!!!"

Ok so I've been stuck feeling like I have failed too many times. I am starting out on a new 65 day journey of Reshaping it All and feel already why try, I've failed too much and I'm done, I have gone too far backwards...but God. That's my only hope.

So He has told me through this...Kim you need to commit and you need to do this with all of your heart.

So that's my challenge tonight as I lay my head down to sleep. Prepare to commit. For the long term, for life. In the area of eating. Not dieting.  Surrendering my eating to the Lord and eating as He has shown me is best for me.  My flesh screams out...NO!!!

So I will write more about this and some of the lies I have been believing in my next post.  Lord I am ready to prepare for this challenge to commit. Please help me rest in You and cease striving, all striving, so that you alone can be strong in my weakness. I read today, Psalm 37:5 "commit everything you do to the Lord, trust Him and He will help you." I am trusting you and will wait now as you help me prepare. In Jesus Name, Amen!

Do you share this struggle in any way? What has the Lord been teaching you in the area of eating and the heart issue involved with it?

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful post, Kim! I saw the same commercial. At first, I thought the man was a real "crybaby." Now, I'm adding, "Pick yourself up -- move on -- and make it a new day!" I've been learning lately, thru the TW book and also thru life's experiences -- that I need to let God have a greater influence on more things in my life. He needs to be involved with everything I do. I've been known to have my quiet time and prayer with Him and then walk away from Him -- handling the rest of the day solo -- only calling on Him when necessary. Wrong! I need to be much more aware of His presence ALL the time. I need to be including Him in all my activities. I won't have this fully accomplished today, but I need which direction I need to be heading. Thanks for your post, Kim. The commercial has made a great mind-picture for me to draw upon.

    ReplyDelete