Sunday, May 29, 2011

Where is my focus?

I can't get this off my mind.  Thinking these days of what to meditate on as I invite each morning the Holy Spirit to rule my thoughts and what scripture tells me to think on.


Phil 4:8 (NIV) Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things.


So as I attempt to begin "Reshaping it All" my body, or Thin Within my body in the past year or two I feel I have focused on those things, the program, whatever I was learning about it, what my body was doing, what actions I was doing right or wrong, more than I was focusing on God.  What I am picking up this time is that I need to focus on Jesus alone. I am so hungry for Him and I haven't even realized it!  I have fed my flesh for so long I need to now nourish and feed my Spirit.  I know I will be whole and complete and not lacking when I do this.


What I have picked up so far reading Reshaping it All, some of the things I have highlighted while reading, I will post the quotes from Candace Cameron Bure below to share what touched my heart:

  • "It wasn't until I emptied myself and put Jesus in first that I began to feel empowered again by His Spirit."
  • "He influences our actions, our thoughts, and our passions when we let Him move in.  I mean really move in-unpack His bags and even rearrange the furniture if He wants to-not as a guest but as a resident."
  • Galatians 5:16 So I say, live by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the sinful nature.
  • "Anything that is contrary to the fruit of the Spirit will lead us farther and farther away from the prize."
  • "I try to keep my eyes focused on the Lord and not on the world."
  • "The thought of not hearing God's voice because I'm not listening or I'm not in tune with Him makes me crazy!"
  • "I know that I serve the Lord when I serve my family."
  • "How do you ensure that God is always number one in your life?..........My answer is simple: prioritize."



So Mondays I will write about glorifying God in my eating and like the scripture says 1 Cor 10:31, whether you eat, drink or whatever you do, do all for the glory of God.  I will share what the Lord is teaching me in this area. But what I feel right now He is teaching me is, Kim, you don't need to write about the food, or write about the problems with eating you have, I want you to write about me and filling up on me.  He satisfies y'all.  He gives complete satisfaction.  Psalm 34:8 Taste and see that the LORD is good;  blessed is the one who takes refuge in him. So often I go running to other things for quick fixes because I just can't seem to be still, but oh what joy and satisfaction comes when I sit at His feet all day long and listen and learn and enjoy the journey in Him.  Then there is no need to grab food or other things.  Like John the Baptist said...He must increase and I must decrease (John 3:30).  I feel that is the key He wants me to start living out now.  So that is where I am right now.  More being still, more listening, more learning to walk by His Spirit so I will not gratify my flesh.  


One other thing that is really on my heart is consistency and remembering that each day is a brand new clean slate day.  I do not have to live in the past or try and deal with past failures.  Its new, I am not going back to where I was, I will embrace today and be consistent in the small changes He has me making to the best of my ability relying on His strength and grace.


Love to you,
Kim


Take a listen to this:












2 comments:

  1. Really good post. Thank you for sharing. May God bless you in all that you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, I am coming back later to read this, and more recent posts in depth. LOVE what I've just read though. Ahahaha, seems I've already commented on this one. It is rather good though! God Bless :)

    ReplyDelete