Thursday, July 12, 2012

Heart Lesson in Discipline

Discipline.  That is the theme in my reading and heart lessons lately.  Discipline.  Then this morning as I was driving I was listening to the Bible, as I am going through Proverbs this month.  This really stuck out to me:

Proverbs 12:1 To learn, you must love discipline; it is stuped to hate correction.

So that struck me loud and clear!  I want to learn to learn to love discipline.  That is my prayer today.  Because when I have the discipline that is guided by the Holy Spirit in me, then I will have fruit in my life.  It will show.  When I shy away from discipline, which I believe is natural in the flesh, we stay stuck.  We stay comfortable.  We stay put.  There is no fruit and honestly, it is a miserable feeling.  Even though discipline is not comfortable or enjoyable while we are going through it...once we do get through it and get to the other side it seems gladness and joy comes after it.  There is a scripture about that...

Oh wow, just looking it up, that is IT!

Hebrews 12:11 No discipline is enjoyable while it is happening--it is painful!  But afterward there will be a quiet harvest of right living for those who are trained in this way. 

That picture requires disclipine!

That is my prayer today.  Though there has to be a prayer about fear, for me, included in this.  Because the thought of coming out of the comfort zone and asking to be disciplined or asking for help to love discipline, causes fear to rise up.  I don't think the flesh is ever going to be ready to step out and enjoy discipline.  If we do it though, and let the Holy Spirit empower us, we will not regret it.

Is there something the Lord is nudging YOU about in being disciplined?  Wanna share with me and others?  Leave a comment below...



More later...Love to you!
Kim :)



2 comments:

  1. This reminds me of how Jesus disciplines the one He loves. Thank He loves us enough...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shannon, I have to keep remembering this because I tend to think that He could be the one pointing His finger saying do this do this, etc, but He is a gentle loving Father and I am trying to remember that He is my biggest cheerleader

      Delete