Sunday, June 2, 2013

10 Goals for this Week

Still joining in with Money Saving Mom in making weekly goals and pressing on to make progress in life as I have been feeling scattered for a while.  Writing the goals down here is my sense of accountability to keep on going and pursuing.  Below are my goals from last week and then I will share what I would like my goals for this week to be.  

Personal/Heart Goals:
  1. Continue 3 year Bible reading plan I started last week.
  2. Read James 5 for Life group reading and find story to relate to my life to share
  3. Journal on my Google Drive journal when not at home and don't have my personal writing journal so that I can still record what is on my heart and what I am learning.
  4. Gym 2 days this week-strength training. Only made it 1 times this week.
  5. Walk 3 days this week with kids around the neighborhood.  Walked 2 days-one with kids and one alone.

Organize Life Goals:
  1. Inspired while reading 3-2-1 Stop to start minimizing things in our home that are not needed-declutter to put it simply.  Declutter 1 thing this week. Major Accomplishment decluttering my kitchen counter that has been a mess for years!  It is completely empty now.  Praise-yay!!  I will share pictures of this!
  2. Finish reading The Energy Bus for work.  About 30 more minutes of reading until I am done with this!
  3. Stick to budget and don't try and wiggle out of or rearrange certain categories with only a certain amount budgeted.  This will be a goal for a while, as I will spend more and figure out where to pull the money from later.  It's a huge praise and accomplishment that I have an awesome budget now compared to how I used to be, but I have some more work in this area.
  4. Stay positive and focus on God when I feel like giving up in taking care of myself-physically and spiritually.
  5. Drink more water.  Goal to drink only water and no soda or sweet tea starting in June.  Get used to this.

Goals for this week:


Personal/Heart Goals:



  1. Continue reading 3-year Bible plan and be consistent with it.  I don't want to start something like this, and I do often, and then get tired of it and try and move on to something else.  I want something I can stay steady and consistent in.  This is helping me and to know I have a plan in staying steady in reading all of God's Word is great.  I read one chapter a day and read it a few times and read the commentaries on it and pray about it and I like it.  I then still have time to read for Life Group and other books.
  2. Quiet time each morning-sit and be still.  
  3. Drink more water.  I just ran out of sweet tea.  I crave it and drink it way too much.  Focus on 2 sweet drinks per day this week.  Rest of drinks-water!
  4. Gym 2 times this week-two full body workouts or upper body one day and lower the next.  Or may try 2 body pump classes.
  5. Walk neighborhood with kids 3 days this week.
Organize Life Goals:
  1. I am trying 5 Dinners in ONE Hour-prepped all meals Sunday afternoon-in ONE hour!  Cook meals Sun-Thur that I prepped.
  2. Finish reading The Energy Bus for work.
  3. Load of laundry per day.
  4. Schedule me time each day.  Use Google calendar as I have been for my personal planning.
  5. Stick to numbers I put in budget for each category and don't move money around different categories.
More later...

2 comments:

  1. Goals are so important and these are great! Thanks so much for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim! I thought I'd stop by your blog after seeing your comment on the IE Challenge page. :) I love the goals you set for yourself, especially the "quiet time for myself." I've been working on the same thing, and it's surprisingly hard to stay still!

    Hope you have a great week!

    Iris @ Anatomy & Intuition

    ReplyDelete