Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Walking it Out-My Journey to My Natural Weight

I have been denying it for far too long.  I have not listened to the things I have learned for far too long.  It is time to be obedient, to follow through and to pray for courage to do this, because I can't do it alone.  I keep trying and it gets NOWHERE.

See if I go through my blog and my personal journals and read all I have been studying, learning and praying about for the past 2-8 years of my life, I will see where I need to go.  I keep feeling like I have to start over. That I don't know what to do or that I am never going to figure this weight loss taking care of my body thing.

If you read here you can see where I lost 14 pounds by just listening to my body and eating when hungry and stopping when full.  NO legalism and no rules.  Or here I was talking about my re-commitment to God in eating for hunger and letting Him fill me up.  Or what about here when I talk about life is more than food!  And this is when I shared about how God became my personal trainer, and I seem to forget often how I made this decision and how clear it was.  Doubt has crept in much.  And one other one here I see is when I made goals in 2011.  It was this time a year.  Here is one more I just found-me committing, once again.  That is discouraging in a way.

If you read through my posts in this area you will see how scattered I get and you will see how I tend to turn from the truths He has shown me and try and grab a plan or a "way" of doing it, a way of losing weight, my own schemes or plans.  They just don't work.  How I wish I knew the exact right thing to do and when and I can see from reading past blog posts about this that I can't figure it all out, I just need to start taking steps.  I can't commit to anything except for getting on my knees every day and surrendering.

But see these are all lies thinking how I should know the exact right thing to do or find the perfect plan or program.  They have to be.  I have recorded all I have learned.  The only thing lacking is follow through.  Actually doing what God has shown me, relying on Him and letting Him get me through the times I don't want to try and allowing Him to work.  So that is what these posts are about.

beginnings,commencements,concepts,creations,Fotolia,genesis,inaugurations,inceptions,introductions,onset,openers,openings,originations,origins,Photographs,road signs,road-signs,signs,starting,takeoffs
I am about to get real.  It is not easy for me to share these things as they are things you want to hide and not let anyone know.  I am about to get on my knees every day and give it all to God.  I am going to do this and I am joining in with friends, particularly Mary Organizes because she is on this journey too, to get rid of excess weight and take care of her body.  

I will be implementing all I have learned from eating when hungry, stopping when full, eating foods my body is craving and listen to my body, intuitive eating, eat fist full size of food at each hunger, and most importantly read God's Word and let Him fill me up, go to God when I want to eat and I am not hungry, fast as God leads to break bondage and sow seeds to my Spirit and not the flesh.  Those are some things that I will be doing and walking out putting into action.

Before Pictures 6/9/2013


Before weight on the scale: 6/9/2013
(*before there was a picture of the scale here with the number of my weight, but you will see on this post here why I have removed it-I will continue to share pictures of myself though for sure)

I will get up and I will be pressing on.  I will not fail at this until I give up.  And I am not giving up!

Every week I will be posting my Walking it Out post for the week.  I am in this for the long haul.  I have always wanted to post my goals, do them, and then share the after picture.  But I feel like in a way that was not allowing me to be accountable for my goals.  My goal is Jesus.  My goal is obeying Him.  My goal is walking this out what He has taught me.  I am doing it in front of whoever He sends this way to encourage and to walk it out right along with me.  So if you are joining me or want to walk it out with me in the ways He has taught you, welcome and thank you. (Oh and one more thing, posting this picture is scary because I do NOT feel this big at. all.!!!)

More later...

(after writing this post I went to read up and absorb some reading on intuitive eating and came across some really sweet blogs...stumbled upon Studio Eats and signed up for the 21 day intuitive eating challenge, wanted to share that.)








2 comments:

  1. Kim you can do it! every step is a step forward!

    ReplyDelete