Wednesday, June 19, 2013

New Series-Walkin' it Out

Thought this was interesting going through posts I wrote last year or so...and never published, well I am clicking publish on this one below, enjoy! (looks like what I just started a few weeks ago was something that's been on my heart a while!)

Days in the life of a natural eater, me.  I have been grabbing control so many times to try and find the right plan to eat and drink just how I need to to lose weight, but what I have been running from is God and what He has originally told me to do.  Let go of the food rules and listen to my body.  Whether you eat, drink or whatever you do, do all for the glory of God.  So how does this get walked out.  He showed me this morning while listening to Joyce Meyer's radio show that I keep going around the same mountain, like Jonah ran, if I run I still have to come back and do it His way.  He told me to eat just enough food until I am satisfied and eat His Word to make me strong.  I pray against trying to make this a diet.  I will combine all I have learned in the readings and studies of eating naturally, when hungry, and stopping when satisfied.  He also showed me that when I do what he says then I will be able to minister to others and help them. 

Jesus Calling for Kids yesterday-that spoke to me: The title was TOUGH IT OUT.

So tough it out I will do.  That will be the name of the series coming November 1st. (obviously I did not start this in November lol)

Tough it out, Walkin' it Out-30 days  a lifetime journey of walking it out as a intuitive natural eater and soaking up His Word.

beaches,footprints,fotolia,memories,peaceful,sand,walking

Join me in this!?

What do you do exactly?  Listen to your body.  I think I am not even listening to my body, how can I help others to do this?  Well I can't, I'm weak but He is strong.

What is normal or natural eating you say?  I will give a definition from Ellyn Satter:

"Normal eating is going to the table hungry and eating until you are satisfied. It is being able to choose food you like and eat it and truly get enough of it -not just stop eating because you think you should. Normal eating is being able to give some thought to your food selection so you get nutritious food, but not being so wary and restrictive that you miss out on enjoyable food. Normal eating is giving yourself permission to eat sometimes because you are happy, sad or bored, or just because it feels good. Normal eating is mostly three meals a day, or four or five, or it can be choosing to munch along the way. It is leaving some cookies on the plate because you know you can have some again tomorrow, or it is eating more now because they taste so wonderful. Normal eating is overeating at times, feeling stuffed and uncomfortable. And it can be undereating at times and wishing you had more. Normal eating is trusting your body to make up for your mistakes in eating. Normal eating takes up some of your time and attention, but keeps its place as only one important area of your life.
In short, normal eating is flexible. It varies in response to your hunger, your schedule, your proximity to food and your feelings.
- See more at: http://www.ellynsatter.com/what-is-normal-eating-i-62.html#sthash.tIVKqd8u.dpuf"

So I am going to share about my journey God willing and be vulnerable.  Put myself out there and walk this out.   Blogging.  Journaling.  Sharing.  Pictures.  Videos.  Here we go, Lord guide me, help me to be still and not be so impulsive...and also to remember really really remember that it won't always be easy, but I do NOT have to run.  In the beginning it will certainly be more challenging, but that is not a sign to give up.  Help me remember that in my pain and suffering and grumbling.  In Jesus Name, Amen

p.s.  this is not a diet or a program.  it is life and living it out fully intentionally.

More later...
Kim :)



No comments:

Post a Comment