Monday, July 11, 2011

Bible in 90 Days-Day 1 SOAP

Learning a great way to study the Bible on my own in SOAP format.  I learned about it more reading this.


So my SOAP for todays reading was this:


Scripture:  
Genesis 3:16 16 Then he said to the woman,
   “I will sharpen the pain of your pregnancy,
      and in pain you will give birth.
   And you will desire to control your husband,
      but he will rule over you.[c]



Observation: (What might He be telling me with this scripture?)
I will desire to control my husband, but I really should let Him lead and should be quiet and submit to Him more lovingly.  When I try to take control it does nothing and really it makes it even worse because I am forcing something that isn't natural, but when I let Him lead and I let go of control more, wow the peace I feel.  


Application-(How can I apply it to my life?)
I can start my day giving up control to the Lord.  I can ask Him to help me be more observant in moments when He wants me to listen, and not control.  He has plans and ideas for me and if I listen, I will reap a lot of benefits and peace from it.


Prayer-(What is my prayer to ask God in helping me to make that application?)
Lord, I need you.  I have seen lately how often I try and try to control and when I stop, sit back and observe the big picture, the one YOU are in control of, I would be silly to think I am controlling something or making something happen or causing peace or order.  You are the God of order and I ask for help in this area.  I ask for help in listening to my husband and let Him lead our family in ways that I can't.  Please give me a meek spirit, an ability to be quiet, and lovingly listen and serve and speak up when you say and not try and take over.  Help me rest in You, Lord.  Help me fall in love with you more every day during this journey of 90 Days in and through Your Word.  I am nothing without You and I can do nothing without You.  Use my words to encourage others and let them be Your Words :).  I need You.  In Jesus Name, Amen



No comments:

Post a Comment