Friday, July 15, 2011

Bible in 90 Days-Day 5 SOAP

Good day!  I am refreshed in my soul from reading God's Word today.  Starting through Exodus.  


Scripture:  



10 Now go, for I am sending you to Pharaoh. You must lead my people Israel out of Egypt.”
 11 But Moses protested to God, “Who am I to appear before Pharaoh? Who am I to lead the people of Israel out of Egypt?”
 12 God answered, “I will be with you. And this is your sign that I am the one who has sent you: When you have brought the people out of Egypt, you will worship God at this very mountain.”



Observation:


 I was a bit shocked when I read this, just because I have heard the stories I have not read them like this before so reading I just expected Moses to say just like Joseph did, and obey and not question.  That didn't happen.  Moses did not want to talk to Pharoah.  He questioned and doubted.  This relieved me and made me realize that God still uses people (again who are not perfect) even when they question and He helps them.  He says I will be with you and He also told him He would give him the words to say.  


Application:


I do not have to beat myself up when the Lord tells me to do something and I question it or doubt the ability for "me" to do it.  I now can remember that when the Lord tells me to do something I can ask for His help and He will help me and I can give Him all of my cares or concerns so He can walk me through it step by step.


Prayer:


Lord thank you for the refreshing cleansing feeling I have being filled with Your Word this week.  Give me endurance and courage to continue reading all the way through and hear all You have for me to learn.  Help me to not beat myself up when You ask me to do something, and help me to rely on You, pour my heart out and give You all of my concerns so that I can let You be leading me step by step and help me trust that you will in each moment.  This story shows me how faithful and strong you are, and I am so encouraged by that.  Thank you I do not have to be perfect or have everything figured out.  I have you and You alone are all I need.  In Jesus Name, Amen


While reading this I was thinking of the movie Prince of Egypt, it was the closest to what I had learned about the story having not read it in the Bible all the way through.  This song always spoke to my heart, take a listen and I pray it speaks to Yours.  God is amazing and I just want to love Him more!!





2 comments:

  1. Amen, amen and amen! Thank you for sharing. So often I give up because I can't do it in my own strength.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So often I do too Paula, definitely. I just pray He uses my failures and shortcomings for His glory somehow each day

    ReplyDelete